summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 27, 2018

easy as pie....


Easy as pie, harrumph, whoever said that never made one. The girls took little Lydia blueberry picking yesterday, and what to do with all the berries? A whole pound of butter for the crusts, how could they not be good? Cam and I put half and half on the tops, then sprinkled sugar on for that extra sparkle...okay, I am a sloppy pie maker, but oh they were good. I made a huge boo-boo with the oven temp, the were supposed to bake for 20 minutes at 425, then be turned down, but I didn't turn it down right, which I blame the oven for, ha. So they browned up too much, but oh yummers. There is still one whole pie in the refrigerator...:)

So here's a gripe of mine...when there is a sign for something on sale, and you fail to read the small print, or even maybe you assume since there's a sign on the display where an item is, it's included in the sale...

So after the dentist yesterday, the girls didn't want to hit the beach, they wanted to go to Five Below and get pool floaties, then go home and go in the pool. That sounded okay to me. So this display...we chose the popsicle ones, and duh, those weren't included! We were at the register, and the cashiers agreed with me that it was misleading, but what are ya gonna do? I wanted to get home and get into the pool, not stand around embarrassing my kids by fussing about how the sign shouldn't be there with all those floaties if only a few of them were on sale, it wasn't a huge deal...but then, blah, it seems so dishonest of them. We agreed we won't go there again.

Anyway...we had fun with them in the pool.


These little birds are living in our raspberry bushes! The nest was there with it's pretty little eggs, and we were delighted when they hatched! I like to check on them, but I don't get too close. Jonathan is having some boys over today to play air-soft...they go back in the woods and shoot each other...and I told him to make sure they stay far away from these bushes, I don't want anyone knocking into the nest. I feel very protective of these babies.



Sonja and I think we look an awful lot alike...:)

This morning, library. And later, I think I am having company for dinner, and lots of my girls are working at the amphitheater for a concert...Jon's friends will be here, and I have to pick Paul up at the airport at eleven tonight.

So Lydia has been here for three nights, her poor mama had three 12 hour night shifts in a row. But Miss Lydia, she's so sweet and good. She goes to bed so nicely, Camille tucked her in last night! She read her stories, and helped her brush her teeth, then sang her some songs...it seems like yesterday I was doing that with Cam.

Lydia wakes up all bright eyed and bushy-tailed, and eats her brekky, then plays dollhouse with whatever auntie she can get to play with her. Char dressed her and brushed her hair, Kathryn braided her hair, and Evelyn is playing dollhouse with her.

It's a good thing our dogs are cute. They can be such a pain in the neck. They are mostly obedient, but they LOVE barking at the neighbors. It's their favorite. They come when we call them back in, and we reward them with a treat for coming back so nicely, but of course they think the treat is for...barking at the neighbors in the first place. They are people doggies, and they don't want to be outside unless we are, and you can't even go check on the pool without them coming along, wagging, thinking it's a grand adventure. Sometimes I let them out in the morning, and they just stand on the deck looking at me, waiting for me to come too...I shoo them off the deck, saying, "go potty, go potty", but they are in such a hurry to come back in and get pet, they are SO happy to see me in the morning. They are couch hogs, and they sprawl across the cool kitchen tile in the hot weather. They slop water all over when they drink, and they WILL steal food if left unattended, but have gotten much much better about this, waiting until absolutely no one is looking.

Anyway...off we go to the library...








2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my stars, those pies look fabulous!
I agree that the 50% off sign was very misleading, I also agree it was not worth making a fuss.

Marilyn said...

Hi Della........yes.....that is very annoying about the sale sigh. They cover themselves with “select items” .......😡........
I’ve argued with them about this type of thing 🤬 Yes you and Sonja do look very much alike! Our dogs are like yours........they like to be with us. Our boy will sit outside for ages by himself, but our little girl has to be with us and almost wags her butt off if we go somewhere for more than 5 minutes. Gotta love those labbies. Have fun in your pool and on your deck! Winter will come before we know it 😩

Marilyn from Canada