summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 28, 2018

it's one in the morning!!!

And Paul isn't home yet! He flew the 16 + hour flight from Singapore to San Francisco, then to New Jersey, where there were storms...his flight home was canceled! No cars left, which was kind of a blessing in disguise in my humble opinion because he must have been pretty tired after such a journey. He might end up flying home tomorrow evening. I COULD go pick him up tomorrow, but at 4+ hours each way...he may as well fly.

Today...we went to the cemetery in town to visit my parents...it is lovely there, up on the hill.

12 years ago tomorrow, actually today because it's after midnight, my mother passed away. We visited her grave. There are no words for the grief I still feel. It has dimmed, it is more subtle, but it is still there, and sometimes I miss her fiercely. My dad too. My brother is also buried there...:(


Kathryn, Camille, Suzanne, and Sonja K. (Evelyn and Charlotte and Jonathan stayed home with Lydia)

Walking around a cemetery is a very soul searching experience. Kathryn said, "No matter what path you choose, no matter how successful you are, you still end up here." It's something to think about, and when you see the graves of the babies and the teenagers, and the beloved parents, oh it's sad.

Evelyn texted us and said the water was not working at home, so to stop and get some water. That translated to, "get donuts too.".

Kathryn, Camille, Sonja, and Suzanne, picking out donuts.

Home...put away the groceries, and make some pizzas, Jonathan had friend over. Then: pool, ahh. Why did I even leave today? It was supposed to be rainy, but it was just hot and humid.

Paul did not make it home from Singapore. I waited up to see if he would get a late flight, but no. Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja worked at the amphitheater...R.E.O. Speedwagon and Chicago...I would have loved to work this one, but with the airport trip, I thought I wouldn't make it on time, but oh well. It was nice to be home with Jon and his friends, and Kathryn and Charlotte Claire and Camille.

Anyway...it was a good day...our water stopped working, because the switch on the water pump stopped working, but thankfully Benjamin knows how to fix these things. Water coming out of the faucet, it's lovely. We had to stop at the hardware store to get a new switch.


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading about you and your family!