summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 7, 2018

how about today? and cabin pics...

If I have neglected writing here, it's mostly because when I get behind, I get paralyzed with procrastination. See, I had this amazing plan to write about the cabin...I had pictures, and stories...then the wifi in the woods was awful at best, and Margaret was there WORKING, so we stayed offline, for the most part. It was good, because teenage girls with no devices are teenage girls who are quite fun to be with. But, I got way behind on blogging, and when I get way behind, whoa.

So I decided to just forget about the cabin and write about today. Today, Paul is gone-a-fishin'. He took Jonathan, and Benjamin, and our friend Thomas and his son William. That means I have little twins Sebastian and Linnea here, because their mama is at volleyball camp, where lots of my girls are.

Volleyball camp...400 girls from lots of countries, here to play and get to know each other. I had thought I would have some time to myself during this event, but ha. Thursday little Miss Lydia was here for the day. She got here at six a.m.. We visited great-grandma (Paul's mom), and we went to the grocery store. She was delightful, a chocolate milk and a plastic boat made her happy. We went in the pool, and played on the deck.

Friday, Ben was moving his stuff out of Grandma's garage. He rented a moving van, and some of us went over there to help him. I mostly kept Grandma company, ha. Then we went to his new house, where he and some of the boys unloaded, and I grilled up some lunch: hamburgers, hot dogs, coneys. Ashley made a salad and we had a first picnic at his new house. He is still not totally moved in yet, there are some renovations to do, but pinch me, I am still in awe that they live here on the east coast now, the new house is 9 miles down the road!

Then today, I have the twins. It's funny, I thought I would enjoy some "time off", but here I am with little ones, and it's quite fun. I suggested they put back some toys after taking more out, but they haven't done that yet. They're setting up dollhouse, but have already colored and played grocery store, and with the toy computers and the doll strollers and the pinball machine...

Sebastian said he had a good idea: "Let's go to Target and buy some toys!"

I WAS tempted, but nah, not really a good idea. I do like toys, and I do like small children who like toys, but nah, ha.

Here are a few pics from the cabin, randomly...

Emily enjoying the wonderful stove...TWO OVENS!


Morning jammy hugs with Anya.


A day in Lake Placid with Sonja, Evelyn, Mirielle, me, Suzanne behind me, Grace (Sam's fiance'), and Margaret. (We had terrible coffee, but the view was gorgeous. We found a Gap Outlet store, and the girls got a few nice things (6 dollar jeans!), and we got ice cream. Yes, I had some.)


The view from the coffee shop, in Lake Placid.


Grocery store nerd! We HAD to go into Price Chopper!


My two grandsons, Mr. Grant in the back, he is Sam and Grace's son, and Wulf, Margaret and Adrian's son. It was heavenly to spend the week with two babies to rock and hold. We all got lots of turns.


Auntie Emily holding Anya...


Grant and Grandma and his boo-boo lip.




Camille at the bar.


Jonathan with baby Elise.


Grace and Evelyn and Emily and the two little grand-daughters...it was Bar Food Night, hot Buffalo wings, garlic wings, barbecue wings, Korean bbq wings, all charred up on the grill...with mozzarella sticks and jalapeno poppers...


It was just a nice cabin...


Ashley, Ben, Evelyn, with some dessert skewers...brownies, marshmallows, and strawberries, drizzled with melted chocolate.


Lydia and Anya at the beach, with lots of the girls in the water playing volleyball. Adirondack lakes are so beautiful, with the mountains in the background...the water was clear and clean and amazing.


Four of the five grand kids: Elise, Anya, Lydia, and baby Wulf with his daddy, Adrian.



There are more, but I can't sit here much longer, I have things to do. Being gone from home for a few weeks has consequences, you see. The weeds grow, the pool turns green, the dust accumulates. We are having a graduation party here in six days, and oh dear, between preparing the food and cleaning the place up, I don't know where to start. So I'll wait 'til the last minute, ha.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della....love your photos. What a beautiful place and cabin. What chubby little legs the babies have πŸ’•πŸ’• I’m glad you had such a great time! Nice to go away, but always nice to come home too. Have a great day.....

Marilyn from Canada

shellie said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Your grandchildren are just the cutest! It's always nice to come back home😊

Susan said...

Thank you for sharing your trip! I really missed you Della.
♥️ Susan

Michelle said...

Your grandchildren are too cute:) Looks like a lovely place to vacation, lots of fun!