summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 29, 2019

giving thanks in Oregon...



We got here at their house in Salem by 7:30 or 8 last night, and yes, then we went Black Friday shopping, just to Target and Walmart. They didn't have any Christmas decorations, so I got them a tree, and a few ornaments.

It's just a little $30 tree from Target, but it makes it so cozy and festive in here.

We had our turkey dinner today. I made on apple pie and one pumpkin pie today. Jon made sweet potato casserole with marshmallows and pecans (it stole the show). We had turkey and gravy, and mashed potatoes, and stuffing and rolls. The pies are waiting a bit, as Kathryn and Darius and Jonathan are playing Settlers of Catan.




It's been so nice to be here. I did miss a huge dinner at Benjamin and Ashley's place, over 30 there for dinner...

...but you can't be in two places at once, and this is where I am, and I am therefore content.

Darius and Jonathan are going to play ice hockey with the youth group tonight, so Kathryn and I are planning something on the line of a Hallmark movie and popcorn.

I have not heard any results yet of Wednesday's CT scan, nor of my bloodwork, so I am working on being content and thankful.

We are super excited about the upcoming birth. Kathryn has lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, the anticipation is wonderful.

Anyway, it's nice to be here in Oregon!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! Looks like you are having a lovely visit with your girl 🥰 Hopefully she’s off to the hospital soon!! Enjoy it all ........

Marilyn from Canada