summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 7, 2019

snow and comfort food...



On this fine chilly day, Anne and I put our boots on and went outside to get some pears from the tree in the front yard. Our hands got cold fast, and Anne declared that it was too cold to go for a walk. I didn't have enough apples for pies, and wanted to bake a few for Miss Cam's birthday, so shh, I mixed those pears with apples and you cannot even tell. I only tasted it, a tablespoon or so, and it was so good! But before you think me virtuous, listen to this: our dinner tonight was homemade chicken pot pie. I made so much pie dough today! Seven sticks of butter! Two chicken pot pies, two apple/pear pies...and I had too much of the chicken pie. It was SO delicious, buttery and...I also melted butter for the top, sprinkled salt and pepper on it, oh dear it was good. I do not eat flour or carbs like that any more, but, oops. I ate that buttery crust.

Comfort food for dark cold winter nights.

And, it's Camille's birthday! We decorated a bit, found some birthday napkins, blew up some balloons, lit some candles, and I put out a snack for when she came home with Charlotte: cheese, crackers and pepperoni, those filled cookie sticks, a bowl of Hershey bars I got 50% off after Halloween. The apple pies went in the oven, and it started to smell really nice in here.

She got her gifts, and they sang karaoke a bit and played MarioCart. Now, it's time for the youth meeting, and guess who has to go out into the dark cold night and drive them...? bye.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never made a pot pie. I don't even know why.. Maybe it's a good thing. That snow..already, brrr. None here for us yet. I doubt this month anyway. God bless your weekend.



Erika