summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

well....

Here are some newsworthy events:

Jonathan shot his first deer, bowhunting. It's a small buck, and it's still hanging in the tree in the front yard. Sorry if you're sipping your coffee. I am also sorry that I just listened to an entire, "How to Professionally Butcher Your Deer" podcast, that Paul was playing. ugh. I will not be helping, ha.'

Sonja K. took her driver's road test yesterday and did very well on everything except for the parallel parking. She simply was not able to nail it, and has to retake it. Now doesn't that sound so much better than, "She failed."? Now, this is my 13th child, and you'd think I'd be used to the disappointments and the possible failures, but I paced the sidewalk in the chilly overcast wind, hoping hoping hoping. Then, there was the car, coming down the road!!! Did she pass? The driver test lady explained how well she did everything else, but. So sad. It's not the end of the world to us who know life goes on, but when you're young and hopeful...it's hard.

I brought Anne to the library for a bit of playing, and to refresh our stack of children's books. She LOVES being read to, has an extremely long attention span, and asks a million questions about everything. We also went to Target, I wanted some new white string lights to put under the kitchen cabinets.

It's sort of between seasons for house decor. I put away most of the fall stuff, but not all of it. Most of the pumpkins, except for the white ones and a few blues ones, and exchanged the orange lights for white ones. It's more subtle and easy on the eyes in here, ha. I honestly can't wait to decorate for Christmas this year. I want to do a lot of it before I leave for Oregon, and I leave for Oregon on Thanksgiving day. I don't get back here until the 14th of December...

The plan today is for Paul and Jonathan to do most of the deer butchering outside, but the finer cutting and packaging will be here in the kitchen. My kitchen. So I'm thinking that maybe Anne and I will be going bye-bye for a few hours today!

Have you heard of chaffles? I'm not a huge fan, but they're not bad. One egg, one half cup of mozzarella, beaten together, and voila, half of that mixture on a hot oiled waffle maker, and you have a chaffle. You can add a bit of coconut flour or almond flour or a teaspoon of each, or some vanilla or something savory. I sprinkled mine with a packet of stevia and some pumpkin pie spice, and a splash of heavy cream, and it was yummy enough. It's basically a really low carb waffle, and it was nice because I made "real" waffles for the kids last night.

It's chilly here in the Northeast. We are getting some snow this week! It's all fun and exciting, until you have to drive in it. I'm planning to go up to Ottawa (Canada) this weekend for a baby shower, my sister's youngest daughter and her hubby are having their first baby. But not if there's a snowstorm!

Ah well, there are things to do and places to go, and I can't get my pictures to load...


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 👋We are getting winter too. The roads everywhere were very slippery this morning 😳 I’m sorry Sonja has to take her driving test again. It is traumatic when you are young not to pass for whatever reason. It will be better next time I’m sure. Is deer meat good to eat? Probably I m guessing. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten it. I’ve had young moose though and it was delicious. Have a lovely day with Anne.....she sounds like a darling 💖

Marilyn from Canada