summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

well, burrrrrr!

We didn't get as much snow here as we thought we would, but it's enough, thank you. And it's cold. Refreshingly cold, I might add. I did go out and shovel a path on the deck, steps, and down the driveway before Jonathan came out and cleared the rest with the snowblower. (He also took out the trash!)


It's snowing right now, and it feels just so Christmasy! We put lights in the windows yesterday, I want to sneak the decorations in little by little, ha.

We had to take Sonja to the dr. yesterday in the small city (knee is doing okay!), and we also went to BigLots for extension cords, a tarp for Jonathan, and...well, AND! There were a few tiny little decorations that sneaked their way into our cart! An adorable throw pillow, too. And a few gifts, also.

Then the grocery store, because with the snowy cold forecast, it's nice to be stuck at home with lots of meal choices. We did make a meal plan first, last night was spaghetti and meatballs. I skipped the spaghetti part. The meatballs come out really good when you put some hot sausage into it, yummers.

Tonight is waffles and bacon, chaffles for me. (low carb, mozzarella cheese and egg, with just a teaspoon of almond flour...I might add some pumpkin too). I'll make some scrambled eggs too, to get some protein into those children of mine.

Jonathan has become quite the barista lately. He grinds the espresso beans, makes French press coffee, espresso in the little pot on the stove, froths the milk. He made me a cup of maple (Aldi!), hot and yummy.

And here, just because they're cute...Paul too:)

1 comment:

Carol said...

We also got snow and cold. I believe we broke a 17 year record for the morning temperature today and we are not to get out of the teens today, I don't think.