summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

questions and no answers...

One thing I have learned, being a mom to 16 kids, is that sometimes there are no solutions to problems. Sometimes you have a baby who won't sleep, or who climbs out of their crib, or takes off all of their clothes every time they have to go pee, and you don't like this, so you try to solve the problem. But sometimes, you need to just DEAL with your own self, and let it go. Because, as it says in the book The Kite Runner, kids are not coloring books.

But anyway. Sometimes you do seek answers, and that's what I'm doing today. I went to the doctor for a physical, and to check out the intermittent pain I've been having in my side for the last month. It comes and goes, and when it goes, I'm like, "Phew, that's gone!" Then...it comes back. I think it's either a kidney stone or diverticulitis, or perhaps liver cancer or pancreatic cancer. Or, as Evelyn suggested, "...a 25 pound begign tumor, when it gets removed you'll be skinny!!" So who knows. I had blood work done today, and have a CT scan first thing in the morning, so I guess I'll get answers soon.

As I told the NP, I don't mind the pain, the discomfort, I can live with it and ignore it and procrastinate...and shh, if it IS cancer, I wouldn't even want to know...those kinds of cancer are killers, and why waste good money on so much suffering? I'd rather just be ignorant and bye bye. Sorry for being such a fatalist, am I the only one who jumps right to the gravest conclusions?

But, on the other hand, if it's as simple as diverticulitis, and an antibiotic will clear it up, and I'll live to be 95, I'll take it.

My blood pressure was not too bad today, 118/82. I don't take any meds except for vitamins, so that's a good thing. Hopefully my blood work will come back good too.

And...it is time to make those pies!!!! I cheated a bit: I stopped at Walmart and bought a food processor! It's just a cheap-0 one, a Black and Decker, (sorry Black and Decker, no offense), for $26.99. It'll help make that pie dough quicker. If anyone has any experience with making pie dough with one of these, please, give me pointers!!!!

Bye...

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Prayers as you wait for answers.
Our minds tend to go to the worst-case scenario. At least mine do!
You will have peace of mind soon!
In the meantime, make those pies!!!

Anonymous said...

Best to keep busy while you have that awful wait. Good luck! 🍀Fingers are crossed for you.

Simone

AnAmericanHousewife said...

... you will never go back to NOT using a food processor! :) So easy. Just put in the flour, shortening/butter (whatever your recipe calls for). Pulse to make it meal like (only a few pulses will do it. Then dribble in the ice water and/or egg if you use it through the hole in the top as you pulse. Keep pulsing a few times just until the dough comes together. Then... stop. Take it out and roll out on a floured surface like usual.

(Just literally finished 2 pies and my alarm is going off at this second to take the first out of the oven!)