summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 31, 2020

...what a blessing...

...how peaceful our day has been, here in the countryside. The country is in shambles, and I pray for the good, law-abiding citizens, and the upright of the law enforcement, the National Guard who probably never thought they'd be called on for something like this, I mean, this isn't just laying sandbags for a flooded river. Two wrongs don't make a right, and these protests are being organized by...never mind. I am not getting into it. I am praying though.

Social media is also a cesspool right now, so I'll just stick to my nice sweet bloggers out there, and get back offline.

Paul and I took a little hike with the Labs today.


We walked across that field...some of our hike was on the two ruts that make up the road, the tractor path, some just in the woods.



It's been a lovely day.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That was me yesterday. I am trying to avoid facebook and social media and the news today. It is so sad and it feels like we should all be praying. I know that I am. Hope you have a peaceful rest of your weekend!

Rose Sperlonga said...

My heart aches for the man who was murdered by a cop. My heart hurts for his family who has to watch it over and over and over again on Social media. I love the internet, but holy crap there is some crazy going on right now. Right when the world doesn't need it. Right when we are trying to heal from a pandemic that has killed over 100, 000 people.

But I do not agree that looting and hurting people right now is the answer. That cop is an Ass in the biggest form there is! Let HIM pay the price for what he did and his buddies standing there watching it unfold. But to burn buildings and steal from innocent people is wrong on many levels.

Protest all they want, but leave the violence and stealing and crap alone.

On another note: your hike looked beautiful and brutal!! What a field !! And you did it!! That is awesome! You look so good, too! I give you a lot of credit actually losing weight while through the pandemic I some how gave myself terrible permission to eat! Oh well, I did it to myself. You keep it up ! :)

Enjoy your Sunday !
Rose