summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 18, 2020

getting buried....

...not in snow, in gifts! I have turned the area near my chair into a gift wrapping mess.
I need to sort through the piles and find the one with the "Happy Birthday Margaret" label, her birthday is next week and we will celebrate it tomorrow. I still have Abigail's birthday gift here too. I sent Aaron's to him, two day mail, and it hasn't gotten there yet, it will be a mess...nine days in transit...and I am not saying here what it is, in case he reads this. He'll just have to be surprised, ha.
That big box in the middle of the room is for Wulf, it's a really cool ride on loader truck that I bought from Marketplace, remember? When I approached the wrong lady in the parking lot, trying to hand her a bit of cash? It's a large toy, because of the scooper loader thing on the front, so we put it in the huge Walmart box and only wrapped the top so far, but it's so big we don't know where to put it...and Wulf is coming over soon, so... Today we have to pick up Jonathan from the airport. He had to say goodbye to little Achilles and head back from Oregon.
It'll be nice to have him home, but Kathryn, Darius, and the little guy are going to miss Uncle Jonny.
Can you imagine, a week before Christmas, that Dulles airport looks like this?
It's almost eerie. He sent a video too, not a person in sight.
It's a cold sunny day, but the sunshine on snow makes it so bright, so the dust shows up in here. I have SO MUCH TO DO. So off I go...to make things look nice in here, put some dinner in the crock pot, and get ready for little Wulf and his baby brother to visit me...

2 comments:

Suz said...

The empty airport is eerie. Reminds me of a time just after 9/11 when no one was traveling. It'll be nice to have him home, I'm sure. So stinky about the delayed shipping. They say it's covid related, but do we just blame everything on that now?
Lots and lots of prezzies in your house. I have no idea how you keep it all so organized?!

Linda said...

Sigh on the empty airports, I shall refrain from saying anything. Did you get much snow? We got 9.3 inches here, Binghamton got like 41 inches, can you imagine? ((grin))

Have a beautiful day friend. smiles