summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

it's coming: snow!

Here in New York state, the magical term "N'or easter" brings dread! If you're in it's path, it's FEET of snow, not merely inches. And if you're in the middle of the state, south of Lake Ontario, you can expect the aftermath of the storm to bring some extra flakes from the lake, as the wind swirls around. We happen to be a bit north of where the most snow is expected, so we'll only get maybe 4 to 8 inches, but while the forecast is based on science, you never know! So my plans for today are to bring Miss Cam to physical therapy, then home for a bit, then take her to get her hair cut. After that, we'll probably come home to beat the snow, and hunker in for a few days.
We are pretty good at "cozy". Sonja prob won't like this pic, but Sunny!
These two and their animae!
The pic makes the snowglobe look green/yellow, but in real life it's lovely, with the snow swirling all around!
This little electric lantern is actually a wax melter, it was $18 at Walmart. I am not getting paid a cent to say it is one of my favorite things. Again, in real life, it gives such a cozy glow, and when you put vanilla cupcake melts in it, the house smells yummers. Yesterday my brother and I drove down to drop off a few gifts to our aunt. She's our dad's sister. There were 12 sibings in their family, only two are still alive. Her husband died several years ago, so she's alone, and has no children. She's a very nice, and funny lady. We've butted heads a bit on social media, because she's very liberal, and I tend to be more conservative, but I don't care about any of that! It's madness that these things divide people so! So my little corner of the living room is strewn with gifts, piles of wrapped gifts, bags of things to be wrapped, rolls of wrapping paper, and I love love love it. I got out the stockings and washed them, and can't wait to fill them. Yes, Emily is 35, but she is getting a stocking! Alrighty, time to get moving, out the door into the COLD.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! Yes I’ve seen on tv you are going to get a bit of a blast over there. Sorry.......we’re +2 today, but we had our share of ghastly weather last week 😬 Well of course they all get a stocking! I had to do an Easter egg hunt with my 2 even when they had left home!! 😳 Well you hunker down and hopefully you don’t get the storm as bad as other places πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Marilyn said...

P.S..........I spoke too soon!!! Tomorrow we are getting snow and -20C!!! Surely I didn’t hear right 😬😬

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦