summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 7, 2020

it's comfy cozy...

Today was Camille's physical therapy appointment. Twice a week, and I get to stay there with her for all the exercises, because she's only 13. She had to hurry home after for a zoom meeting for school, and we needed milk, so we ran through Dollar General quick. DG is brilliant, right? Building in all the small towns across the country, affordable necessities, cheap frivolities, but the milk is expensive. Oh well, I didn't seem to have a problem paying a dollar each for the little gumball machines for the grandkids for Christmas though!
It's hard to see in the pic, but the spray-painted-tree-branches tree looks pretty cool, all lit up at night.
Dinner tonight: bacon and eggs, and oranges and grapefruit. mmmm. I didn't do much today, which is fine and dandy. I drove Jonathan to the airport, got home at a bit after 6 a.m., it was still pitch dark out, so, yes, I did climb back into my amazingly comfy bed with the flannel Christmas sheets. Yes, I did buy flannel Christmas sheets. King size at Aldi for $16.99, and worth every penny. I haven't even dug my electric blanket out this year, I don't think I'll need it. Anyway, I got back in bed and slept until NINE. That's not my normal, but it was excellently pleasant. It was a putter around, wrap a few gifts, vacuum and wash the counters, straighten things and do not much kind of day. It was a coffee and cozy kind of day. The girls did their work, Paul worked from home, the dogs got into the garbage when I was napping this morning, the usual. So pray for the small business owners, too. I think it's WRONG to close them. Absolutely, positively wrong. I don't care what the numbers are, if you're going to close Joe Shmo's tavern, why can McDonalds stay open? If you're going to close a little yarn store, a music store, why can Walmart stay open? It is NOT RIGHT. If social distancing and masking works so well, why can't businesses stay open? Not all things can be bought online, and not everyone has the savvy, or technology skills to do those things. Have you seen some of the old people in the stores? I don't mean to be insulting. I really don't. But some of the older folks, shuffling around in the store....my heart breaks for their very vulnerability even when there isn't such a monster as Covid, actually. I just want to hug them all and protect them and encourage them to turn go God, and not to be scared. There is so much to pray for, isn't there?

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Yes, there is, my friend.
I join you in prayer.
And I know that wonderful feeling of snuggling back in bed with cozy sheets!
Good for you.
Your dinner sounds delicious.
We had Greek Chicken with rice and broccoli.
Easy Peasy!
Have a cozy evening with your people.