summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 25, 2020

merry merry Christmas.!

This is just a short early morning post, we haven't opened presents yet. Paul is still sleeping, that man came home from his surgery yesterday and stayed awake all day, getting up and walking around, as per permission from the doctor.
After dropping him off at the hospital (Oh my heart! It was so sad to see him walk in there all by his lonesome, but I want to give a very genuine and thankful shoutout to the nurses there, he said they were so very nice to him). Anyway, after I dropped him off, it was six o'clock, and the bakery was opening! Still pitch dark out, I went and got in line, waiting in the cold wind for my turn in the heavenly aroma and warmth, I got donuts for Christmas eve.
Jonathan grilled burgers last night on the deck, we had onion rings, and all the burger toppings: tomatoes, pickles, red onion, jalapenos, avocado, cheeses including crumbled blue cheese (Not my thing, but whatever...) Jonathan and Camille made five pounds of fudge, then a batch of peanut butter fudge. Right now the traditional cinnamon rolls are in the oven, and it smells amazing in here. I am having coffee, and the kids are lounging in expectation...they all slept in the living room last night! There are blankets everywhere! Margaret is playing my favorite Christmas song..."Oh Come All Ye Faithful"....

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you for the update on Paul, I have been thinking of him. He sounds like a very hearty guy!
I hope your day is wonderful Della. Merry Christmas!♥️♥️♥️♥️

Linda said...

Wishing you a very Merry (albeit belated) Christmas. I feel so bad for Paul. Sending prayers.

Marilyn said...

Good morning.........I hope Paul’s knee heals quickly so he can get back to all the things he enjoys. Della I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas 🎄Our was great!! Christmas Eve it was +10 in the afternoon!! Fabulous!! I ate too much and still feel full this morning 😬 Enjoy your day today.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦