summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 30, 2022

happy happy birthday!

 

Jonathan Robert is 18 years old today!  Can you believe it?  He has been the biggest blessing, all of his life.  From my perspective, it's hard to explain just how amazing it's been to have Jonny....

You all know by now, as I repeat it often enough, that Jonathan was born less than eleven months after we lost baby Robert.  I knew I was having another boy, but I didn't actually believe it.  I didn't believe it until he was born, and he was actually breathing.  He was crying, I was crying, he was perfect.


Last year Jonathan climbed a mountain with his sister Evelyn...

When he was younger, birthday on the deck...
He was always a cutie...
Homeschooling fun...(the little guy is Davian)

Our dear Kathryn and husband Darius and little Achilles and Rhys are leaving today, so we have to go to the airport soon...

Baby Rhys wanted that ice cream, but she didn't get it.  I didn't either, I had one the other night, and yum.  Soft ice cream, mmm, but I have to say no sometimes...:)
Kathryn with Achilles...
Camille!

Look who got into the puffs!
Achilles and Sunny...

Their visit has been too short, but shh, I'm getting on a plane on Monday morning and going out to see THEM!  It's so funny, we booked our tickets before they booked theirs...Suzanne and I are going, it's going to be fun fun fun...although I hate leaving home.  I'll be homesick.

When I get back home, the busyness continues.  Sonja is turning 20 this week, and when I get home, it'll be Charlotte Claire's sweet 16, and on her birthday, Camille Anaya is finally having her knee surgery...

It's beautiful today, some sunshine on the deck...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JONATHAN!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳 Such a cute young man. How did her survive with all those girls!! What a trooper!!

You and Suzanne will have a wonderful little trip. So much is happening in your family in the coming days! Birthdays and poor Camille having surgery, it will be good to get it over with though.

Enjoy your time away Della!

Marilyn from 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Great photos! Y'all have so much fun together! Safe travels and I know you will have fun!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday!!! and poor Sunny (grin). Have a beautiful safe trip my friend.