summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Florida fun...

 

Today I met Anne, from carbtripper!  I've been reading her blog for years! She was visiting Tampa from Texas at the very same time that I was visiting from NewYork, so it was providential that we meet in person.
She's a warm, sweet lady, and it was so very nice to meet up.  I think we could've talked for hours.
The porch which is too hot to sit on...
...a visiting  friend...can you see the little guy?
....ahh, morning swims, warm water, warm sunshine.

Aaron and Riley met us down here, went to see grandma with us.  She was genuinely glad to see them.  Miss Evelyn Joy came down for the weekend too.

Riley, Evelyn, and a surprised grandma.
Aaron surprising grandma...she was quite happy to see them all.

She doesn't want to be there anymore, but she cannot take care of herself at home.  It's sad.  I wish she would consent to moving to New York to be closer to us, but she wants to be in the warm weather.  She keeps the door to her balcony open, making her place very hot and humid, yet she covers with a blanket.  We're heading home on Tuesday, it'll be hard to leave her, but it's been good to be here.  We've talked to the staff, and are pretty confident they'll take good care of Eleanor.  But still...it's hard.

The boys are leaving early in the morning, so tomorrow we'll pack up from this nice place and head back to Zephyrhills.  We'll spend most of the day with Eleanor, maybe fit in some swimming while she takes her afternoon rest.  Then Tuesday we'll visit, say goodbye, and head home.  

Home...ahh, home.  I love going away, but I love going home.  The girls, the pups, the grandkids...I miss them all.  

We did have a cozy evening.  Riley grilled chicken and asparagus and made rice.  We had charcuterie in the pool earlier, so we weren't too hungry, but oh dear is he a good cook.  We watched an episode of Cops, then it was time to say goodbye and goodnight.  We won't see them for a while, saying goodbye is never fun. 


3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Good morning!

I’m sure grandma was happy to see you all! It’s sad to see these older people so frail after surgery. I know a lady and she’s the same 😔 How lovelyAaron and Riley and Evelyn could come too!

Della what is that thing in the plant? 😳 I’ve made the picture big and can’t tell what it is 🙄

Have a wonderful day today!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Terri D said...

Glad you are having a great time and that Grandma was surprised and happy to see everyone!! It is always nice to meet up with blogging friends! Maybe next time we can meet. I'm only 40 minutes from Zephyrhills. Have a good trip home!! xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, it's a little newt or lizard thing. They're all over, down here.
Terri ,I would like very much to meet you. I know you work during the week, and we were only here a short time, with the boys here on the weekend...but next time!