summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 26, 2023

hmmmm.....

 The cat, Orange Guy:  meows to go back outside, after he's meowed for cream, successfully, and more kitty chow, and has perched on the arm of my chair for pets...he wants out.  I follow him to the door, and he goes into sloooooow motion.  He pauses halfway out, to rub against the doorframe and stretch...am I just impatient?

This fine morning, the house is quiet.  Paul is back from the gym and is working, the girls are all still asleep.  I'm leaving for the pool soon, then taking Camille to PT, then they're all working for a few hours...then we're going out shopping...it's a trip to Marshall's they've been asking for, we're too busy to fit in.  They're also having a friend over, so shh, maybe they'll do some cleaning. 

Yesterday I made my coffee and took it out to the pool.


Our house is no mansion, but the back yard is peaceful, the birds singing.  I took a nice swim, got some exercise in...

Some grandkids came over yesterday.  Sonja and Charlotte Claire played with them with the toy I got Paul for Father's Day...a stomp rocket.  We had already gone in the pool, and I was grilling dinner (coneys, burgers, chicken drums).  

Marilyn was asking how Grandma is doing.  Well.  She's not faring well.  She can make perfect sense one minute (she talking about the little submarine tragedy), but then she thinks she fell "aboard ship", she hasn't been on a cruise in years.  Last evening, she called me to let me know she made it home from her trip, and didn't know what to do next.  She's been moved to a memory care unit, and is very confused and wants to go home.  There is no way she can go home.  She cannot remember that she ate lunch five minutes after she ate it, and never knows where her phone charger is...wait, I should be in there too.  And sorry, I know it's not funny, but when I get really teary eyed about something, humor is close at hand.  I am the girl who laughs at funerals, which yes, is the nth degree of inappropriateness.  The more serious an event, the more likely I'll think of something really funny.  If my sister is in the vicinity, all bets are off.  

We leave for PT in ten minutes.  I'm all settled in the comfy chair with a hot cup of after-pool coffee.  I watered all the flowers and the garden, thus pretty much assuring it'll rain.  

The dogs have been staying off the couch pretty well so far.  It helps that it's hot in here, as we don't have air conditioning, so they like the floor.  The cat hogs the dog bed...hmm.  

I need to vacuum and clean up.  We had ten extra people here yesterday for the afternoon, which I love, and we were mostly outside, so they didn't get too many toys out.  But with in and out the door and the lawn just mowed, and having dogs and cats, the floors need to be vacuumed each day.

Ah well, not now, off I go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Grandma. That is so hard 😞
Your cat makes me think of the one in the Disney Cinderella cartoon- Lucifer I think it was lol
Have a great week!
Valerie

Terri D said...

Always activity at your house!! How fun. I'm sorry about the concerns for Grandma. It is hard to watch. You look fabulous, by the way! xo