summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

look at me, blogging again, two days in a row!

 We finally got our good soaking rain last night.  Hours of thunderstorms, rain pattering on the metal roof while we rewatched, Where the Crawdads Sing.  We took our trip to Marshall's, and meh.  I did find a few gifts for a friend who is having a major surgery this week, this mug and some comfy jammies.

We went to the thrift store after, and it was way more fun.  The four girls were silly and laughing, and it did my heart good to be there with them as they picked up funny clothes and enjoyed themselves.   I didn't find anything earth shattering, but picked up a few 49 cent books, and a few American Girls craft books, which were also 49 cents, for some granddaughters.  The girls found t-shirts, and were happy with the excursion.  After that, I had promised them dinner out, which was Moe's, a Mexican chain place, that has Moe Mondays...imagine our disappointment when we found out that it's only through the app now, the Moe Mondays...(a special with free drink, ect.).  It was rather pricey, not as good as Chipotle, and they were extremely skimpy with the meat, and with the extras.  They make their own salsas, and the chips are hot and fresh and come with the meals, and I don't like to eat the chips, but shh, I did.  Warm salty tortilla chips, mmm.   But, it WAS my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  :)

I went next door to Aldi while the girls went to McDonalds for drinks.  We thought that was smart, one dollar drinks...and there is honestly nothing like a fountain Diet Coke.  Well. We didn't factor in that it was Friday night and half the city was at that drive-through.  I dawdled through Aldi, even perusing the Fun Aisles, and still waited almost 20 minutes outside for them.  It was dark and ominous, the thunder rumbling and the storm rolling in.  The radar on my phone showed threatening colors, magenta and red, with storm warnings.  I stood there while the rain started to sprinkle, it was almost dark out, on a June evening that should be still light until nine.

It POURED on the way home.  The water pooled on the roads and made it kind of scary to drive through.  The lighting was so cool between bouts of rain, we enjoyed it on the deck...
Sonja...
Me and Amanda...


The girls were supposed to go on a hike today, but they're thinking the rain may have flooded the trails.   So they might just hang out at a friend's house and have fancy foods and play some board games.  Sonja has her big test this Friday (studying!), and she's been working a lot, so this is a big day off.   

It's dark and cloudy and cozy in here, and I'm not inclined to get moving.  I did some laundry, walked around the yard in bare feet and inspected the garden, didn't have to water it.  I cleaned the pool filter, turned it on, put some things away...and that's about it.  I might go to a park with Kathryn today...:)


3 comments:

Mari said...

We finally had a good soaking rain on Sunday night, it had been so dry!
I like the mug!
Looks like you girls had lots of fun. :)

Marilyn said...

Hi 👋

You cat is hilarious 🤣 Just the way cats are described to be!! I loved WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING, but I loved the book more. I’ve read it twice. The first time long before the movie was made, and then again after the movie.

I’ve only been to Marshall’s a couple of times and wasn’t all that pressed either. You had the storm we had several days ago! Black as night at 7 pm! Scary! We are light till 11 these days.

I hope you had fun at the park!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Billie Jo said...

Hello! You and the girls have the best times together! My girls and I went to Eat- N -Park today. We split sandwiches and got dessert. We laughed the whole time! Our weather today was on and off sprinkles, but I am up for a cozy afternoon storm! Have a lovely evening, my beautiful friend!