summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 17, 2023

like a bakery!

 A slapdash, It'll Do bakery.  But oh my, the heavenly aroma of cakes!!!  Yesterday I baked 48 miniature cupcakes and one round cake, from scratch...then today, I baked a chocolate layer cake, recipes from Sally's Baking Addiction.  I set out to make a low carb cake for Paul for Father's Day, this morning, but alas, the almond flour was almost gone...due to Miss Camille and her homemade macaron addiction.  (She made eclairs the other day.  How's a person supposed to be healthy?!  I haven't tasted one yet, but I've heard they're scrumptious.)

Anyway.  I hobbled around the kitchen this morning, washing up all the dishes, making the cakes, then cleaning everything up, vacuuming...(wait, I wanted to say I "flitted" around the kitchen, but nope.  It was almost a hobble.  After being on my feet for any length of time, my knees start to lock up, and my hip starts in.  Then I lean over too many times to pick up random things, and my back complains.  

The cakes were done, the kitchen cleaned, so I packed up a nice no cal lemonade, my sunnies, a towel, and out to the pool deck...ahh, nice and sunny.  I was home all alone, which NEVER happens.  Anyway, 20 minutes later, Mariel texted, she was on her way.  

We had plans.  We were going to frost those 48 cupcakes, and that round cake, plus the two cakes she had made at her house.  We got out the butter for the triple batch of frosting, then sat down for a coffee and to catch up.  

The cake is covered, so it's not so clear, but it's the logo for one of the kids' groups.
The before-youth age, tweens...

There are cupcakes that spell out "juniors".    

The chocolate cake.  There is canned milk chocolate frosting in between the layers, because...I did NOT feel like making more frosting.  


It's a naked cake with trim.  I think it'll be good though.  

Tomorrow after noon, the family is all invited over here for ribs, and coneys.  I've got the ribs all seasoned and ready to go in the smoker early in the morning.  There'll be salt potatoes, salad, strawberry shortcake...and as usual, I feel A Day Late And A Dollar Short.  My we're not going to have enough anxieties start kicking in...I should've bought more seltzers, and a watermelon.  ugh.  

There's a lot going on around here, so no deep thoughts tonight.  Tomorrow will be another busy day...but I'm not complaining....:)


2 comments:

Linda said...

YUm. Wishing Pau; a Happy Father's Day. smiles

Terri D said...

There is always lots of action in your kitchen!! Whew! The cakes look delicious! I'm sure you had a happy houseful for Father's Day!! xo