summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 15, 2023

getting better....

...trying to blog more frequently, but:  life.  This fine morning, for example, I got up and went to the pool.  Sonja so nicely drove Miss Charlotte Claire to her English Regents exam, I just had to pick her up in the afternoon as she stayed for a study session.  

I got home from the pool, washed dishes, wiped counters, did a load of laundry, started to vacuum, and Grace was here with Ruth, soon followed by Kathryn with Achilles, Rhys, and Jamison.  It was a dark, cozy, rainy day of toys and books and some cartoons.  I didn't take pictures of Ruth doing all the hand motions to Wheels on the Bus, or pushing the little doll stroller around.  (Rhys got it for her birthday and brought it over,  but Ruth "claimed" it today!) (I got another one, Camille's old one, out for Rhys).  I didn't take pictures of Achilles catching imaginary fish, or of Rhys rocking with me...Ruth climbed up for a bit too, and we all sang a few songs.  

Dinner: I took a few baggies of frozen chicken breast out, put them in the Dutch oven on the stovetop in some olive oil, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper...thought I'd make a chicken stew.  Well, there wasn't any chicken stock, so I changed my mind.  I added two different kinds of Tikka Masala, cheat-y jars from the cupboard, to the pot of cooked cubed chicken breast.  Camille made the rice, (which I didn't eat),  and I made some Brussel sprouts.  It was a nice, hot, spicy, yummy dinner on a dark rainy evening.

The house is quiet now.  Sonja is studying to take her NCLEX, Charlotte is studying for her Chemistry Regents Exam, and Camille has been writing.  The dogs are snoring, and I'm comfy in my chair, as the kitchen is all tidied up from dinner, and most of the toys are put away.

Tomorrow I have to drive up and watch Ruth while Grace goes to a dr. appointment.  (Grant is visiting his other grandparents in West Virginia, and Sam has to work).  I think I'll run into Aldi while I'm up there.  Then it's time for Elise's kindergarten graduation!  Then Friday, I have to make cupcakes from scratch...Mariel made two sheet cakes already, we're going to frost them all on Saturday for a special children's celebration on Sunday at church. 


 Ruthie...she's hilarious...she sings and makes the hand motions, she has a huge imagination already, and doesn't get bored.  I watched her for a bit today.  Then I stopped in to see Wulf and Tennyson, then Aldi...all by myself!  I was "that person", talked to my sister on the phone in the store, ha.  Then stopped at another store on the way home to get their specials (cherries, ground beef, and shh, two steaks because Paul and I are going to be alone for dinner tomorrow night:))

And now I have to leave for Elise's kindergarten graduation, have to make dinner first...was going to grill, but the girls disconnected the propane because the deck fireplace ran out, Paul was going to hook it up, now he's on a call...so if I want to have dinner before I leave, it's in the frying pan or I haul that tank down the deck steps, nah...anyway...off I go...maybe tomorrow I'll have some quiet time to blog...to blog better:)


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della!

Little Ruth is a real dolly, isn’t she? Such a cutie pie 🥰 Kindergarten graduation……..how cute will that be!! They are all growing up too fast I think. Our youngest granddaughter graduated from high school this year and her brother is graduating from Junior High tomorrow 😳Where did that time go is what I want to know.

We have had the much needed rain here. Hopefully it has helped where all our dreadful fires are here in Alberta. I think almost every Provence is on fire. So, so scary. The smoke you have been getting is from Nova Scotia.

Have fun at church on Sunday. Cuppy cakes!! Yummers…………..we are going to my stepson’s on Father’s Day and I’m making something for dessert………yet to be determined 🙄

Have a lovely weekend 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦