summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

farewell champy

Looking at these pictures I can't help but think of a song from when I was little, "Seasons in the Sun".....here are Evelyn, Suzanne, Jon, Kathryn, and Charlotte Claire...
This picture is for you, Emily Anne....does it make you homesick? Our grass got so nice and green so suddenly...

The buds on the trees turned into frothy green baby leaves when I wasn't looking.


And of course the picture of Camille: she is still my baby....so huggy.

And here is a Champ picture.....we are taking him to the vet tomorrow for his final nap.


He has been the best dog all these years. He is 14....he has so much trouble getting up and down. He comes in at night, and often has accidents. He cannot hear anymore, and he is used to his freedom. He goes into the road....it is just not safe, for him or the drivers going by. I am trying to convince myself of all these things. Like I said, that song is going through my head....if you were around in the 70's......"goodbye my friend, it's hard to die...when all the birds are singing in the sky....now that the spring is in the air....we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun...."
Emily and Mali, I will give Champ the big stupid stinky nice faithful dog a big hug and some nice pats on the head from both of you.....we are bringing him in tomorrow to be put to "sleep", of course I brushed him and trimmed him up a bit so he could look his best. I am going to stay with him while he goes, to soothe him, he gets so agitated at the vets. One of the options is to bring him home for burial, and Aaron shouted out quickly that he was NOT digging a hole. I then said he would end up laying there on the deck for months, and we laughed like idiots, probably so we wouldn't cry. But I am not bringing him home for burial.



4 comments:

Martha said...

We did this with our old dog about 10 years ago but I couldn't stay to say good bye. Funny thing is she wasn't agitated at all, she was ready to go. (Stil makes me cry, darn it!) When they can't get up anymore, well, its time to let them go. Seasons in the sun, yup, that says it all.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you have to say goodbye to your dog :( So hard.

cheryl said...

Thanks again, Della.. I've been trying so hard to get through a day without crying. I was talking about Addygrace today, with the septic man's wife.. they have 2 brown labs and a beagle. It reminded me so much of Grandma and Grandpa, and of course, Billy. We will also miss Champ. It is really sad, even though it's the right thing to do. I'll be thinking of you, of course.

KrustyLynn said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That's one of the saddest things! I'll be praying for your family! :(