summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

waiting day...

I am trying not to count the hours to my dr. appointment....but anyway, it is a nice day. Sonja K. said her tummy hurt, and she is home, but the other 8 school kids went. Her tummy seems fine to me. Mirielle will be home from classes soon, but she has a paper to write, so she is hoping for yucky weather. I think she is getting her wish, it is chilly and overcast. Benjamin is leaving for his classes soon, and Abigail has the day off but had to go to an appointment.

This weekend's weather forecast: in the eighties!! And sunny! Yippee!!! Especially because my two high school boys, Joseph and Aaron, are taking the day off on Friday (it is prom day and they are having assemblies at school, waste of my kids' time, they do not go to prom)....so, they agreed to do some yard work for me. Yay. I have these nice ideas of how our yard should look.....and yet when I buy those little solar lights, they cannot even put them back after they mow. No one else seems to care. Including Paul. He likes it mowed and picked up, that's it. I .m not talented as far as growing anything goes, but I do like it picked up and raked.....so the boys are going to help do that on Friday.

Charlotte Claire dumped out the game of Life in the hall. She DID play with it for a while, but there it lies....she needs me to help her, I guess. She is getting to be such a big girl. Yesterday, I was shocked and dismayed to discover that she has TWO cavities on her front eye teeth. WHAT? We do not have flouride in our water, and I have not been good about giving them supplements lately, (like the last few years), so I need to do that again. And, we have some new rules, me who hates rules. But they are for her best. So, no more bottles at all except for at nap and bed (I know, I know, those are the worst for the teeth, but....one thing at a time!)...I told her she could have bottles with water in them anytime she wanted....I really thought this would be hard for her, but she did fine all day yesterday. Camille gets a few milk bottles during the day, she is littler.

Well, I need to get moving, again. This break is no break, as the three little ones are on the arms of my chair, and on me...and hitting the keyboard (Camille).....they need to be read to or played with....

2 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

I am curious: Do your boys choose not to go to prom or do you not allow it? And if it's their choosing, has this been the choice of the older girls as well? I realize this is none of my business so I understand if you do not feel like answering. That said, I always thought prom was a big waste of time - it was like it was some big competition to see who could out-do who....eeewww!

Piper Paradise said...

Can't wait for your post on your appt today : -)