summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

of barfing and such

Little did I know when I blissfully wrote my morning post what a day I would have......Charlotte Claire, who has had a fever, woke up croupy-coughing, covered with- - barf. No nice way to put it. I got her in the tub, cleaned her up nicely, put her in the comfy chair with three towels around her, got her bedding out of her crib...and as I walked by Jon's room, he called casually from his bed, "I know daddy just put clean bedding on my bed last night, but I think I am going to need clean stuff again...." Okay.

Well, she stopped the croupy cough pretty quickly, but she had a low-grade fever and no appetite. She did eat some oatmeal, but mostly just had bottles of juice, water, punch. She wanted to hang out on my lap today, which we did for most of the day, with Camille here on my lap too. I found myself actually counting the minutes 'til naptime. I mean, it is sweet and warm to cuddle with them on a chilly cloudy day, but when I have to go get something to eat (naseaus), they come following me, Charlotte Claire just whiny and fussy......and I had to do that laundry...I somehow managed to do the dishwasher, peel and cube some potatoes and get the dinner soup on to simmer, and sweep the floors. Not too bad, I guess, considering I fed them a few meals, too.

April Fool's day is fun with a four year old. He likes to tell me there is a bug on my head, he thinks it is funny over and over again....but, he did not like it very much when I fooled him. Ben bought another car, just like the smashed one that is still sitting in the driveway. He was trying to charge the battery (yes, on the NEW one) and he had the extension cord plugged into the house. Jonathan asked me why someone would plug a cord into a house AND a car....I looked at him and said, "If they wanted to blow up the house!" He looked so alarmed, and I said APRIL FOOLS......heh, he didn't laugh very quickly. Then he went on to try to figure how far Ben could drive the car with it plugged in....

Well, I need to hustle in and take a little rest before it is time to get up and get dinner served. The second trip kids are home, and I need to talk to them for a minute first.....

Oh, and thank you for the Kreativblog award, Autismomma (I am sorry to say I don't know your first name!)......I am not going to tag anyone, but I will try to comply with the rest,,, later, after my nap.......

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Poor Charlotte, i hope she feels better soon...
Too funny about Jon! He is so cute, i love their 'observations' at that age...
Thanks for thinking of me, i just updated my blog with my where-abouts for the past few days (nothing interesting LOL)
I gave you an award too, i know you dont usually accept them but it doesnt mean you dont deserve one :-)

Cassandra xx

Mireille said...

Kathryn turned 11.

AUTISMOMMA said...

You're very welcome for the award - you deserve it!

And my name is Pam, but don't tell anyone. ;)