summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 10, 2009

swimming

They just don't get sick of it.....and they have a special affinity for the hot tub, which we figured out starts the day like warm bath water, and ends up very hot in the evening. I find I can sit on the step and just put my legs in when it gets that hot......

Anyway, today we went for a nice long walk....we went into a sort of junky dollar store, where I bought Jon a cheap little boat for $2, and of course it didn't float, but he didn't seem to notice/mind.....I also bought them a box of crayons and and a package of paper to make some cards for daddy's birthday, (Paul turned 47 on Thursday) while I put Camille to bed tonight. Then I took them to a drugstore, where they could pick out some candy....

We walked back to the hotel, had some rest/tv/candy time, then in for some more swimming. Then back to the room for a gourmet dinner of: sandwiches, with the stuff I had brought from Price Chopper. And chips. And apple juice or diet cola. Not super yummy, but it isn't easy to feed this many people - we can't just eat out for every meal....

Camille went to bed so nicely tonight....I asked her if she wanted to go to bed now, and she said yes.....that's what no nap will do, I guess. We were out walking during naptime, and she was pretty relaxed in the stroller

When we left the drugstore, a lady asked if the kids were all mine. Now Mali has already gone back to Ottowa with Mirielle, so I only had eleven with me. So, I did well. I simply told her yes, and did not tell her about the other five. She told me she had eleven, and was just surprised to see another family with that many....anyway, as we continued walking toward our hotel, we were dawdling in front of the TimHortens, wondering if we needed coffee and Timbits, when she came along again, and said that she was so surprised to meet someone else who had so many kids, she gave me her email address. It was quite pleasant to talk to her. I do intend to get in touch with her....

We are in the bigger kids room, as Camille is sleeping...so now I need to tuck the little ones in....tomorrow after breakfast, I intend to send Abigail to the pool with the kids while Margaret and I pack everything up....

Goodnight.

2 comments:

Janis said...

I love going away just for a break. For once I can concentrate on the family instead of all the things around the house that need to be done. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Robin said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip!!!!