summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 19, 2009

the forces are arrayed against me!!

Only in regards to sewing, thankfully. The foot pedal is gone from my sewingmachine. Nobody knows what I am even talking about, of course. I think it may have been thrown away with an old machine....because I have a different foot pedal here, that is not compatable. Now I have to call the sewing shop AGAIN, and try to see if they have one.

Today, Paul so nicely took everyone to the feast, except for Jonathan, who is sick. (he hasn't barfed all day, but has been pretty much on the couch drinking sippy cups of various flavors of soda, watered down with plenty of ice)....so, here I was, in the quiet, with Jon, who was watching some cartoons....I cleaned the bathroom without having to lock myself in there....(I like having the door open because of the ScrubbingBubbles fumes).....then I started to make a seat cover for the newest pram I adopted from e-bay. I got the fabric all measured and cut, and WHAT? No foot pedal....oh well.

It is nice to have Mali home again. I feel very greedy to have them all here. Though I know it is good for them to go and visit and help people....I like to have them home. I know they won't be here forever, and I am not counting the days 'til they move out. I talked to Emily Anne today for over an hour (74 minutes, to be exact)...and it was nice. She talked to Jon, too. And I miss her. When I was in Blockbuster yesterday, the cashier asked the customer in the next line how she was doing. She replied, "Not very well....but I'll be be better soon...", and she motioned to her kids. The cashier nodded, and said, "oh yeah, I forgot it has been spring break!!"...I want to say I was shocked, but I wasn't. Just mildly disgusted.

Well, Mirielle is watching "Wuthering Heights".....and I am distracted.

1 comment:

OurLilFullFam said...

Uck, I know that feeling of just wanting to scream "why do you insist on saying things like that about your children, especially in FRONT of them??!!"

Makes me nuts, but sadly it is not unusual anymore...