summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 6, 2009

rain rain, don't go away....mommy likes to keep them in

Yeah, it is pouring, chilly dark....which makes it cozy in here. But it would be cozier if mommy would get in the kitchen and start making dinner....soup, I am thinking....and some banana bread. But given me current state of laziness combined with naseua, the kitchen is not where I want to be. So I am doing my favorite thing, blogging while procrastinating. A few of the kids are going to soccer practice tonight (indoor), and Ben is taking them. So their mom really SHOULD start dinner.....

But mommy is tired. See, last night Miss Camille was awful. Really awful, to the tune of getting up 10 times or so. Each time I nursed her and settled her back in, I was optimistic that she would stay asleep this time. So I covered up, relaxed, dozed...and ugh, she was awake again before I knew it. It was rough, but honestly all during it, I was doing alot thinking, and talking to God. Here I am with everything I could possibly need, and much more, and how quickly I get distraught. Yeah, there are ways to get this straightened out, about her sleeping, but that can't happen yet since we are going to a hotel for two nights, and I need to be able to nurse her still if she wakes up when we are there...ha, IF. I am just full of optimism, or I am just plain stupid. I prefer the optimistic......anyway, I survived, barely. I could not get up this morning, as she was finally asleep. So I decided to sleep a bit and take the kids in to school late, the three little girls. Well, fine and dandy, but Evelyn came in and not only woke me up informing me that they missed the bus, but she woke up the dreaded Camille, too. So, my day was started....ready or not.....

Abigail had not left for classes yet and was able to drive them to school, thankfully. So we had a nice quiet relaxing day at home...ha. Jon so nicely gave Camille his plate of potatoes when he was finished, and though she doesn't EAT potatoes, she does play in them. She emptied the towel/washcloth drawer, and threw lots of ponytail holders and barrettes around. Then, when I was sitting at the table, she came in, stood on the bench, put her leg up on the table, and spanked her own leg! Yes, I have had to give her a few little lovepats, complete with my serious face and stern voice. I can't remember my other ones being so busy, but then these things tend to blur....anyway, she is kind of understanding that she just CANNOT get into whatever she wants to. (she discovered that if the dishwasher isn't latched, she can open it, and climb up on the door, instant stool!) Her little pink chair spends alot of time up on the counter.

Well, I need to buy balloons, according to Jonathan. And according to me, I need to make dinner. Tonight, of all nights, I wish there was someone who would cook for me....

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Its funny, I dont remember the others being as 'busy' as Bailey either, I swear he is into everything, and his newest trick is grabbing a crayon and seeing just what it will write on... walls... kids school books.... They are so cute though!

Family_Dauk said...

I don't know where you find the energy. I was always so tired and sick in early pregnancy. Like you I almost took joy in knowing that meant things were moving along well. I hope you get more rest tonight.

FLmom7 said...

Oh, I feel for you! It is so hard when you have a non-sleeper AND are pregnant too (not to mention all of the other kids you have). I hope Ms. Camille starts to sleep better for you. (((Hugs)))