summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

mr. sweety is gone

He has been adopted. Rats. I stopped in this afternoon to enquire, and he was gone... it has been 24 hours since we submitted our application, and they haven't approved us yet. It is ridiculous. I wanted to discuss it with them, but they seemed so serious and soldier-like, I felt like I was going to cry. Partly because Mr. Sweety was gone, and partly because I feel really looked down on by these dog loving ladies. And partly because I am really feeling crampy and lousy. Like crying about everything, not from my brain, but from my feelings.

Kathryn and Evelyn were with me, and we stopped in to Petco. Big mistake. $600 for a puppy. The absolutely delectable new sheepdog puppies were not priced yet but the young fellow said they would be between $600 and $2400. Okay. Skip that place.

I did stop at a Hallmark shop and get a Webkins for Jon, and for Sonja for their birthdays. Then I went to B.J.s and got some good deals....but all I wanted was to get home...and here I am. Mirielle made homemade macaroni and cheese and ham for dinner for the kids. Now all the older kids are gone and I am here on the computer, and I should get busy.....Camille really wants my lap....

7 comments:

Natalia said...

I wanted to say thanks for coming by my blog and say sorry for taking so long to reply. I am catching up finally. It's here, I wish I wrote something more inspiring though! http://big-ol-families.blogspot.com/2008/06/long-awaited-additions.html

I enjoyed your blog too! I made homemade mac/cheese for a birthday yesterday; it took so long and uses so much cheese (very expensive here) I won't be doing it again for a while!

Natalia

T.L. said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry all this happens to you! I hope you get to adopt a puppy, he's gonna get so much love in your family...
Shame on those heartless people, they probably love dogs but they're not good at humans...

Amber said...

Why is it that it seems easier to adopt a baby than it is a dog? We had a boston terrier and were going to adopt another one. We were turned down because they didn't like they type fence we had. It's a standard chain link fence but they said it wasn't high enough. Crazy dog people!! We ended up buying another Boston which was cheaper than trying to adopt one!

FLmom7 said...

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't get Mr. Sweety. I got an email from PetSmart that they were having a big adopt-a-thon this weekend. It's all animals from local shelters, so the adoption fee is small. I'm not sure if it's a national thing or not, but you might want to check into it. I adopted a cat from there before and there was no wait. I just filled out the application, spent a little while making sure the cat was tolerant of our toddlers and got to take him home about 1/2 hour later. They did call to follow up and make sure he was doing well with us a few days later, but that's it. Very easy. I know what you mean about being judged because you have a large family (well, except that my "large" family isn't nearly the size of yours, lol)...we've experienced that at some animal shelters too. Some of them are okay with it, some aren't. Keep trying.

FLmom7 said...

Here's the link to the PetSmart adoption info for this weekend:

http://adoptions.petsmart.com/adoption-events/index.php

Janis said...

Why don't you invite them to do a home visit? It seems that it is easier to foster a child than adopt a dog!!

Renata said...

What a shame he was gone. Hopefully another one comes up soon.