summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

sunny vacation

but is it a vacation? I went to the dr. today, it was uneventful....my blood pressure was nice and low....but the sonogram didn't show much....the heartbeat wasn't visible yet, hopefully next week....I am a bit nervous, but what can I do? Just leave it in God's hands. I have prayed about it, and I have asked God not to let me go through any more miscarriages, but I do not know what is for my best....I just know what I want. He knows what is for my best.

Mirielle is such a good big sister. Today she took Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan to the new Hannah Montana movie. That left Aaron, my sixteen year old son, home to babysit for Charlotte Claire and Camille. He put them into naps, and when Charlotte woke he was going to take her for a walk....then he remembered that he couldn't, Camille was in bed. So he got Camille up, put her in the stroller, and took them both. He apparently didn't want to disapoint Charlotte Claire. What a good boy.

I went to the grocery store after the dr, and got some burger, some rolls, and some other necessities like cheese, tortillas, hotdogs (it IS vacation), milk, bread, carrots, apples, cereal, ect. Paul cooked the burgers on the grill, and we had carrots and celery, and some cooked mixed veges for Camille.

I also picked out a dozen of beautiful donuts and we had them for dessert. The kids helped clean up, and helped me put away a load of clothes, so we got back up to the table, and they each could pick a half....Camille is a little piggy-pie. Charlotte Claire ate the frosting, then grabbed another one.....

So, here is a list of things I love about my kids:

Emily (24): She keeps in touch even though she is far away, and she writes so wonderfully....she is thoughtful and kind...

Abigail (22): She is helpful, and she loves to laugh. She is very busy finishing up her accounting degree, and when she gets stressed she sometimes gets silly, and we laugh our heads off about nothing in particular.

Benjamin (20): Benjamin is friendly and optimistic. He is great with the kids when he is around....which isn't often enough for me.

Mirielle (19): She is also very helpful when she isn't busy with college, or gone to youth activities...she is very easy to talk to, and she gets a kick out of the little ones.....

Joseph (17): He is the most sensitive of the kids, he seems to know how I feel. He keeps to himself, with his drawing and guitar playing, misses way too much school, but he is a gentle soul, and when he is with the rest of the family, he is very funny and enjoyable.

Aaron (16): He spends alot of time on the computer. He is social, yet he likes to stay home. He is very funny, doesn't argue back, can be very helpful when he wants to. He is extremely responsible. And smart.

Mali (15): She is a lovely girl. She likes to spend time alone, reading, drawing, daydreaming. But she also likes to be around everyone, she has a wicked sense of humor, and she can be my best helper.

Samuel (13): Sam is an interesting boy. He can be argumentative, but he knows it, and he is very often apologetic. He likes World War II, to say the least. He is very sincere, sensitive, and thankful. He appreciates things.

Margaret (12): She likes to pal around with the little guys, she plays the keyboard, and she loves to sing. She isn't overly enthusiastic to do chores, but she will when pressed. She is a great shopping companion, and she is very very mature for her age.

Kathryn (11): She is my number one helper these days. She is still in the little-girl phase, eager to help, happy to go along with me to appointments, and shopping. She is a peacemaker, and very capable. She is also very mature.

Evelyn (9): She is a joy. With her sunny personality, reddish blonde hair and freckles, she is so bubbling over with engergy. She can also be THE DRAMA QUEEN among drama queens. But she is sweet and thoughtful and she can TALK....

Suzanne (8): Miss Suze, also known as Carl, for what reason I do not know, is just lovely. She likes to share, and help with the little ones, and help me, and she like to plan fun things. She will go get a piece of paper and a pencil, and write things down. She is always writing me notes.

Sonja (6): Sonja is still a little bit bratty....she fusses about her vegetables, and sometimes even hides when it is dinner time and she doesn't like the food, which is pretty often. We call her D.W. the Picky Eater, after an Arthur book by the same name.....but she is also bright and smart and spunky with her nice curly red hair....she loves to take over with Camille and Charlotte Claire, and she is just thrilled when they let her. She can be the best dishwasher helper, and she loves to come into the laundry room with me, so she can help me and talk and talk....

Jonathan (4): Mr. Jon is smart. He got to go to the H.Montana movie because: he knew that Miley's friend was named Lily, and that her REAL name is Emily Osment. He remembers what ever he is told, and he can carry on a conversation like a mini-adult. He is always sorry if he is bad, which he hardly ever is.....he occasionally fusses about things, but mostly he gets upset only if he is misunderstood....he has a soft heart, and he is good to the other kids. I cannot stand the thought of sending him off to kindergarten, though I know he will thrive there.

Charlotte Claire (2): She will be turning 3 in May. She suddenly knows all of her colors, and she can carry on a conversation using correct grammer.....she does get her consonants mixed up...ex: she says p - p - p-coop! She says Camille is a coopy-cants. I say, "coopy-cants?" and she says, "NO! puh, puh, puh, coopy-cants!" I guess she means poopy pants.

Camille (17 mos.): This little dolly is learning some limits....but she is still a rascal. I brought the groceries in today, and I swear I needed 4 arms and eyes in the back of my head. She kept grabbing a yogurt and running. I would get it back, distract her, and try to get things put away in the 'fridge....I finally opened the yogurt, and sat down and fed it to her. She has been much better at staying out of the baskets of candy than I thought she would be. She rambles on, and I can pick out words. When I came home today, she ran to me yelling, "MOM! MOM!".....it was yummy....

and in all this I cannot forget to say that I am thankful for my husband. He is Mr. Busy. Busy with church stuff, busy with financial stuff, busy playing music, unclogging toilets, giving kids rides places, reading bedtime stories, tucking kids in, and every night he cooks his own breakfast for the next day. He is independent and responsible, and soft-hearted. He never complains, because he believes with all his heart that God works all things for the good for those who love Him....

goodnight.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

You described each and everyone perfectly! No surprises. We do have it "good"..

Debbie said...

been following your blog again and I will say a prayer for a H&H pregnancy..and the description of each of the kids was awesome...you are such a blessed mother.