summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

happy april seventh....

Yes, that is snow. Here in central New York, snow for April. Not much, but it is cold out there. No cute little spring jackets and sandals yet.

Camille only woke up three times last night. So why, may I ask, was it so darn hard to get out of bed this morning? Maybe it was the chill as soon as I started to climb out of the covers...maybe it was the darkness....or maybe it was because I was in a nice deep sleep in a good dream about buying a brand new house....anyway, I do LOVE sleep.

All nine kids got off to school, no wait, I forgot: Evelyn barfed in her bed at 12:30 am. How could I forget that? I stupidly was still up, watching the basketball game, (Poor MichiganState), and then just reading things on here....when she came out of her room, all fussy saying she hadn't fallen asleep yet and she felt crappy, (we do NOT say that word), and I told her she was fine, go back to bed......not 2 minutes later I heard the dreaded sound: and sure enough....out she came, all crying....yes, she had barfed in her bed. Okay, I quickly ditched the computer, took the lights out of the dryer, put the socks in the dryer, turned the washer to HOT, the best temp. for this kind of laundry, and helped her stuff it all in....I will be sparing of the details, but I found it easier to cope with by sort of wailing as I put it in the washer. It is the mother of all pregnancy tests. After we got things cleaned up and her bed nicely set up, I went in to get cleaned up for bed. And of course I thought about how things had played out, how I had been so grossed out, and I felt really really bad. So I went back into Evelyn's room and gave her a hug, and told her I love her so much, and I wasn't one bit upset with her, it was just the yuckiness of the mess that got to me. AND I reminded her that I do like it when they make it to the bathroom....

So, here we are. Hoping it was a quirky thing, not a new bug in the house just in time for our Canada trip the day after tomorrow.

6 comments:

Standinginhislight said...

Well, I, for one, am thankful you share your sleep deprived issues, as I know now, that I am not alone ;^D None of my littles have ever slept well, or through the night until 4ish. Between the 4 yr old, the 10 mo. old and the dog, I never feel like I actually sleep at night, just mini cat naps all night long...
Get some rest any time of day you can...and blessings to you and the new baby!
~Sheri

KrustyLynn said...

OH! i don't know how you do it! I'm NOT pregnant and I cannot handle vomit! Yuck yuck yuck!! ewwww!!

I'm so excited for your canada trip! Will you be blogging while you're gone or will we have to wait in eager anticipation to hear about it when you return??

Anonymous said...

I had a picture for you but as I don't know your email I just put it on my blog...
http://amphibianfroggie.blogspot.com/2009/04/dedicated-to-della-and-all-prams-lovers.html

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your blog, as you can notice form the comments you make a little difference in many people'everyday lives :)

Enola said...

oh no - "just" 3 times. Mine is about 18 months younger than yours and I say "still" 3 times. And now Sheri says not until 4....ugh.

I feel for you with the sickness. I distinctly remember being about 2 1/2 months pregnant and my preschooler got sick. All I could do was hold her on my lap. We each had our own bucket and took turns. I had to call my husband to clean up the mess in her room - I tried, really I did. But it just wasn't happening.

Janis said...

I wish I could clean up the barf for you...but I am too far away and may accidentally slip up and say "crappy"!! :-) We don't use the words fart or butt. I mean, we discourage their use but I do use "crappy". So I hope no one else gets sick!

cheryl said...

Janis: Sorry, I just can't resist telling this story!! Many years ago, when all of our kids were 10 and under (Della's and mine), we went to a big family picnic at the home of our mother's aunt. There were kids of our cousins there, and they were all playing. Our girls came over to us, horrified, that the other kids were saying the "F" word AND the "B" word!! Of course, we were thinking the worst.. but it turned out to be fart and butt. Which they did not use at the time. Like I said, it was a long time ago..

Why is vomit so disgusting? Bill and I use to play the "how many ways can you say it" game, before we had kids..