summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

happy birthday, jon - happy birthday, sonja k.

Jon's birthday is not really today. It is Thursday. And Sonja's is on Sunday. And Charlotte Claire's is on the 11th of May. But I was in the store today, and these yummy cakes were marked down to $2.99 each....and I THOUGHT all the older kids would be home tonight....so....tonight we would celebrate. It turns out that Joe and Sam were already going to sports, but we did fine without them. We are still going to have a party for them with some of their friends....but this was nice.
The pear tree in our front yard....

The front yard is in bloom.... The trees in the side woods from the deck....(this is for you, Emily)


I went shopping with my sister today, just her and I and Jonathan. She needed a part for her sewing maching all the way far away at a fabric store in a town several towns away. We then went in Target, where I got some nice things for cheap, because I only shop the clearance racks. I got jeans for Sam for $8.74, some nice zip sweatshirts for Kathryn and Evelyn for $3.24, and two nice Tonka trucks for Jon, that he picked out himself.

We then went to the grocery store for just a few things, that's were we got the cakes. And of course milk and bread and bananas. And cereal and peanut butter.

I am not feeling the greatest, sort of crampy, and sad, and miserable, though you wouldn't know it. I am vehemently opposed to feeling sorry for myself, so I am not. I did have a very nice day with my sister. She is so funny....I think the drive-through (we had to feed Jon!) lady thought she was "special", and the Thruway toll-taking-lady was not pleased that she paid the seventy cent toll with a twenty dollar bill.
Tonight is American Idol night at our house, so I need to join in the critiquing during every muted commercial....

3 comments:

cheryl said...

The thruway toll lady has no idea that my nice son-in-law gave me that $20, otherwise, I would have paid in pennies!! I never have any money, cash-wise, that's why we have credit cards.
It was fun today, esp. with Jon.. he's just so smart, cute and funny. I want to be a kindergarten teacher if they're all like him. PS: My girls weren't home either, but they were happy for the donuts later. They scolded me for wasting $3 on the cake, they said Audrey could have used that money to buy an ICE CREAM cone in Norway...

Cassandra said...

Yummy cakes!
Gorgeous trees!

You sound like you have so much fun with Cheryl...

Renata said...

Beautiful spring blossoms! Those cakes look yummy as well (& what a great price!) Take care of yourself.