summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 2, 2009

ooh, like summer.....

We spent alot of time outside today. We cleaned and vacuumed the big white van. The school skippers are all tan and sunkissed, they had such a nice day. I think it is important to take a day off from school once in a while to enjoy the weather...see, yesterday was rainy and chilly, and tomorrow will be too. Today was a bonus day. Warm and sunny, 65 degrees. Not a day for children to be sitting inside a school. When the older kids got home, I went with my sister to the grocery store. I told the kids at home they could have a simple dinner tonight of sandwiches. They seemed happy about that, minimal work, minimal cleanup. Camille was glad to see me when I got home from the grocery store tonight. She was gladder to see the donuts I brought for the kids....
She has a chocolate frosted boston cream in one hand, and a pink frosted sprinkled one in the other.




I think she likes the boston cream better!! I'll hopefully write more tomorrow....I need to get to bed....grocery shopping, putting stuff away, and taking care of the little ones tires me out...Paul had to work on the washer, which wasn't spinning out the water for me...but it worked for him. hmm. Anyhoo, I need sleep.



5 comments:

Cassandra said...

Camille is so cute with those donuts!

AUTISMOMMA said...

You are the dream mom! Taking a break from school because the weather is so nice - wish my mom would have been so thoughtful!

LOVE the photos, especially the one where she is double-fisting the donuts! Too cute!

Chrissy in Chaos said...

Hi Della
Yes - blankets for a pram - it's in a very cute fleece with monkeys on it! prams aren't hugely common - most people have travel systems - my little ones who are 2 1/2 and 1 yr currently travel in a phil and teds double which is awesome!!!

KrustyLynn said...

I have never had Dunkin Doughnuts in my life. I have had MANY a Krispy Kreme, but not Dunkin'. Are they good? Have you had both kinds?? I'm really curious to know which one you think is better?

Standinginhislight said...

I just have to say I love reading your ramblings; you are so real, and encouraging, and your kind heart just seems to shine through in all you share with us!
Blessings to you!
~Sheri