summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 12, 2010

another try...

Last night I dreamed I found three little boys who needed homes....I wanted them all. Probably because when I was in Walmart with Abigail yesterday, I saw a sweet little two year old in the cart, happy as can be 'cause his mommy was buying him Spongebob macaroni and cheese. He told me as I was walking by that he was going to have it on his plate. Then I saw a daddy with two very mischievous little boys, probably two or three years old....they jumpied right into the paper towels to take naps, and daddy told them he was calling the cops if they didn't start behaving......there are so many cute kids out there.

I guess I am greedy and am having a hard time adjusting to the kids growing up on me...I don't want to go through a home study or any of that stuff, but if someone would just give me a baby, I would certainly love and take care of him or her. Kind of kidding....but jeepers, if you still have babies and toddlers, hug them and enjoy them....'cause they are not staying little for long. I remember when different people told me how quickly the kids grow and how before long Paul and I wouldn't have little ones anymore....I did not believe them. Now I am starting to....Camille is so independant, but still likes me to rock her and sing her songs before bed. 'Then she tells me, "Put me in my bed now, Mama...." and I reluctantly do. I love having little ones around I love how Aaron calls the two little girls, "little small people" so affectionately.. I love how the other kids try to carry Camille around and fight over her....even though she is almost three years old. Kathryn helped Charlotte Claire brush her teeth and tucked her in tonight, because she WANTED to....

Yes, there is dollhouse stuff all over. And clothes that were all bagged up to go to the Salvation Army are gotten into and all over. And there is silliness and nonsense and books all over...but I love it....

1 comment:

Heather said...

I so agree with you!! Just someone please put a baby on my doorstep:-) I have treasured every minute (well, almost) of my children's growing up and now they are so old!! My baby will turn 18 in a couple of months and that is hard to even say out loud. I love to hear how much you enjoy your kids!