summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

if the phone rings, kids, don't answer it...

It might be the dr.'s office calling to tell us the results of Kathryn's xrays....

Oh, we had a fun day. To the dr. with Kathryn and Suze, and Charlotte Claire and Camille, and Joseph... then to the hospital for xrays because the diagnostic imaging center in the dr. office building was closed today....la-de-dah, it took forever....good thing for baggies of pretzels and sippy cups. Then I took them to McDonalds to play on the playground because I am nice, and because I was hungry and really wanted a coffee, and because it was after one and Joe hadn't even had breakfast yet. We watched a mommy climb all the way up the play structure to rescue her crying toddler. No, it wasn't me.

Then to Walmart to buy paint for Joseph's room. He wanted black. I texted Paul in Boston. He texted back, "ugh!"....so Joseph decided on brown. Okay, brown. Two gallons of brown paint, a few new paint rollers, a three dollar red desk lamp, a five dollar red lamp-on-a-stick, and a two dollar red framed mirror....for about forty bucks Joe will have a nicer room.

We also got some one dollar flip-flops, milk and bananas and oops, I forgot the eggs, lettuce and tomatoes and a big bag of those frozen pretzels the kids like so much.

Home...and I have a huge headache. I hate coming home from shopping with stuff to put away right when they are coming home from school, especially when I left in the morning without doing much. At least I don't have a nursing baby that needs feeding immediately...ha, I would take one in a minute. Anyway, things are all in order now, I swept the kitchen and living room Margaret did the dishwasher, Sam took out the garbage, and dinner is in the oven. I put in seven pounds of chicken breast, and I am going to make some stir-fry vegetables. Possibly there will be some left for dinner tomorrow.

I have to get moving to go pick up Mali from cross country. I think I might stop at the library....hmm. I LOVE the library....speaking of love, while at the hospital today I started thinking again about nursing school...I like the atmoshere of the small hospital we go to , I would like to work there....

3 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

I can't wait to have internet again. When I do, I'll be on your site more often! I've obviously missed some things because I don't know what the xrays are about. Also, you are nursing? Did I seriosly miss some news? I will get back in touch soon lady. I'm feeling left out.... haha!

Tereza said...

You're so funny and random:)I'm surprised your boy didn't push for the black though:)

16 blessings'mom said...

Jenny, I certainly wish I was nursing a baby these days...no, unfortunately you didn't miss anything. I was just remembering the days....I think coming in the door with lots of kids and and a hungry baby, at dinner time, with groceries to put away...how did I survive?