summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 13, 2010

this broken computer is hard to type on...

my poor computer...with its broken off F key, and sticky w and rickety cord....if I don't constantly babysit the cord, it suddenly turns off....and now the thing only works hen it is opened up just a little bit..my hands barely fit in here to type...so I have a plan...my kids were asking me if I was going to buy a new one....oh sure, just go buy a new one. Then I started thinking...ebay! It is time for me to sell some stuff! Because I am lost without my laptop. There are two desktops here in the living room..but this one has all my stuff on it...and I like my comfy chair...


this house looks like about 16 people lived here all weekend...it looks like they had a really good time. It looks like a six year old boy packed his own lunch this morning, and a mommy made 24 pieces of French toast for the 9 school kids. It looks like little girls have been playing Barbie camping Trip in the livingroom, and like a few teenagers forgot where sweatshirts go. It looks like someone took their hair out of a towel and hung it in here, and like a few people had drinks out here and left their cups. It looks like a two year old dumped a whole bin of dollhouse stuff, and like a whole family read the Sunday paper and left it in a sprawling pile on the floor. It looks like a whole stack of bedtime stories are on the couch, and it looks like someone brought their comforter from their bed to cuddle a bit before dressing for school.

It smells like coffee and French toast and rainy weather. Charlotte Claire is up, telling me her dream..she dreamed there as an earthquake and that Mirielle and Jonny and Abigail turned into ice...then they turned squishy again....

Something we heard yesterday at church...God sends us exactly what we need. He hears our prayers, and answers them...not always how we would want, but exactly what we need. Everyone on earth has trials and temptations. No one can escape that. People strive to make life good and relaxing, but there will always be suffering. Just think to learn how to be faithful in those temptations and sufferings! So that anxiety doesn't rule and we aren't weighed down by the cares of life! Then we can be a good example to our children..w.e can stand up and take what God sends our way without crumbling and whining about it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a babysitter to my cord too!! lol

yesterday I poured some coffee while listening to some radio show and the smell made me feel like I was back in the usa... :)
I love your description of the house.. I sounds like a very welcoming home! :)