summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 30, 2010

this alone makes my day...

I found this in my chair this morning...I am also glad I am not "one of thoes old and mean momys".....

My nice laptop is still being repaired, so I loaded some pictures on this one for the first time, and came across these...they came out too dark, but oh, it was a fun night.
And this is Mr. Jonathan, before school started...I think he either needs new jammies, or we have to cut the footies off this pair.

So what's new? Abigail was over last night, she is looking to buy a more reliable car to drive to the big city every day. She knows as much about cars as I do, so when she mentioned that one car had nice cupholders, I decided she is not allowed to purchase one without Daddy there.
Paul is back safe and sound from Boston. I have to go pick him up from work this afternoon, as he drove the company vehicle to Boston....he needs to be picked up at the exact time that elementary open house starts, and the exact time Mali is scheduled to have her senior pictures taken. (Mali wants OUT of high school, so she is doubling up and graduating this year. The papers are all signed, she is officially a senior now, so I have two kids graduating this year, her and Aaron)....I am trying not to stress about it....it will work out. I can have Joe or Aaron or Mirielle take Mali for her picture, or to pick Paul up.
The immediate stress factor here, though is that my dear mother-in-law is coming over, any time now...and here I sit...I need to be scrambling around shoving dirty socks under the couch and throwing things into the closet! Oh, if she ever reads this I hope she knows it has nothing to do with her, it is me...as I told Mirielle this morning, a perfectly good rainy day is wasted because I have to tidy the place up......not that I don't like it nice and tidy in here, I just don't feel like actually doing it. blah. again. But I will, because I can't have people thinking, I mean KNOWING what a bum I am. The funny thing is that if Eleanor DOES read this, she will probably think, "She CLEANS UP before I come over? HA!" HER house is...immaculate. The kind of place where the newspaper disapears the very day it is read, they never save it just in case. No clutter, no piles. Freshly painted and scrubbed and clean and magazine -like. Okay, this is making me realize I have to get busy....


4 comments:

FLmom7 said...

LOL, that note is cute!

Tereza said...

"shoving socks under the couch" HA HA HA!!!! My kids take care of that for me...at chore time...when they are supposed to be PROPERLY doing their jobs!!:):):):) I'd LOVE to have YOU over! I feel like you'd understand me:)

Martha said...

I love you! I have been known to grab a brown paper bag and fill it with the counter piles, intending to looks through it later, of course, and stash it away to my house looks slightly organized. Funny thing is I used to be organized, of course, we barely owned a stick of furniture and had only two small children.

AUTISMOMMA said...

Congratulations to Mali!!! It is so nice that your school system allows early graduation. I do not know what the school system I went to (more than twenty years ago!) does NOW but they stopped allowing early release (getting to leave after the class before lunch) AND early graduation.....the very YEAR before I would have been a senior. The last class to qualify for it was the class ahead of mine.

My senior year was pointless. Because I had enough credits built up, I had three study halls and one hour where I went and helped an elementary teacher. What a waste of taxpayer money. Wonder if they have figured out that problem by now......