summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 6, 2010

some of us just can't fall asleep....

Joseph is still playing his guitar....Mirielle, Aaron, and Mali are still up...and Jonathan cannot fall asleep. He is the only one still awake in there. Morning is going to come early for him.

Aaron said he has an idea. No picture tomorrow morning. Ha, I forgot about first day of school pictures, he reminded me. Of course I want pictures. Why do they hate it so much?

I am tired, cannot go to bed until Jonathan settles down. rrr.

Restlessness is creeping in here. I have been trying to keep the house all clean and picked up, and I am getting tired of it. It doesn't last, it makes me naggy because I notice all the more when someone leaves a towel on the floor, and it is boring and repetative. I need to sew something or re do another room or go on a trip...and even as I write this, I know I have to work on being content. The grass is always greener, and there is plenty to do here...I need to grow up and not just long for fun stuff all the time. Also I know I am going to be lonely here come tomorrow. Nine children going away on the school bus, Mirielle going to school...Ben going to work....Paul going to work....just the two little girls and I, and Joseph who is starting work in a few weeks.

So I have come to the conclusion that if I want the house clean, all i have to do is clean it. Magic, eh? But then I have to maintain, and that is draining! I think I am more satisfied with it just MOSTLY clean.

I think we will have to go on an adventure tomorrow. It will be too lonely to be here with just the little girls...we are going to have to get used to it, I guess. It is all so sad. They should just stay home with me. Perhaps next year...

For now, I have to go get that Jonathan to settle down...I hear his sisters, now, too....

2 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

My boys are heading off to school for the first time in the morning too. They are out late some where with their dad. He was going to have them in bed by 10 pm. He has 1/2 hour. It's going to be crazy in the morning. I would be so anxious to be so unprepared but they really have no idea what they are getting into so perhaps ignorance is bliss. They will be fine. It is going to be a rough week for them.

Did you ever consider homeschooling? Have any of your kids wanted to be homeschooled?

Chrissy in Chaos said...

I am satisfied with mostly clean! Unless there is a good reason for super clean like the primary school home visit, or my in-laws coming round! I think with kids you just have to put up with it!