summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 9, 2010

school school school

The first day of school, cousins to play! Charlotte Claire, 4, with Danielle, 5, Camille almost three, and Sean, three. They are adorable together. Jonathan finally lost that tooth...three days ago....this morning he wanted to know when that Tooth Fairy was going to come for his tooth...I told him she said for me to just give him two dollars. Yes, two dollars is too much, but this mama feels guilty for forgetting......
Sonja K., or as her brothers call her, Ginger.

Suzanne Eleanor


So here's the thing. They LOVE school, so far. Jon came home singing how much he loves 1st grade, Sonja really likes school, and Suzanne is in love with her teacher, I don't blame her, so am I. The older kids are okay with it too, Sam is in ninth grade and his biggest grievance is that he has co-ed gym now. State or Federal law, apparently.
Here I am, feeling so bereft and lonely.....these two little girls keep me hopping, Charlotte Claire trimmed her bangs right to the scalp,rrrr. They had French toast for breakfast, and are playing dolls until it is time to go to the grocery store....Mirielle gets home from classes at 11:30, we have a date.
I am running out of kids. Seriously, next year if Miss C.C. goes to kindergarten, I will be home with just Camille. How can that be? Is it right to homeschool just so I can have my kids with me? What is really best for them?
Today is trash day again, so we have to keep Miss Rosie in here so she doesn't terrorize the garbage man. She has to go in her cage when the two morning school buses come, too. She likes to chase the bus.
I feel tempted to depression....kids leaving me, school....where is that glorious summer?
It is nice to have Paul home again though. Except that it is...well, .....he went to work on Tuesday, came home at 6:30, and was in bed by 9:30. Last night wasn't much better. He is still seriously exhausted, jet lag. He is taking tomorrow off, hopefully he can get rested up...ha. He really liked the room. He walked in and looked around and said, "Wow, it's clean and neat...." He noticed the neatness before he noticed the color. But he likes it. He didn't mind that I had sorted his stuff and put things away in the closet...I asked him if he felt invaded, but he didn't. And yes, it is good to have him home....I love him more than ever....just sort of wish we had more time together. I am thinking Jamaica again....



3 comments:

Robin said...

I haven't commented much lately, but I love to read your posts. I can't believe the summer went by so quickly, either!

holly said...

I keep seeing your angst to homeschool, and I want to shake you and tell you to just do it, but I know you have to really want it yourself. :) I have homeschooled for 9 or 10 years now, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. My kids are home where they belong. They do have a social life, but nothing like being gone all day every day to a big group of people. Just the other day, my 19 year old was talking to a friend and he said he loved homeschooling because he was home to see his siblings take their first steps, and to laugh for the first time etc. That warmed my heart, let me tell ya. They know what is important. But no amount of anything anyone is going to say will make you do it until you truly want it. That said, you could take the littlest ones out and start there. ((hug))

Mike and Katie said...

What is state law? Gym class or it being co-ed? I had all girls gym class through middle school because I was in choir so we had our gym class on the days the boys practiced choir. It was great! Co-ed gym class in high school was less fun.