summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 2, 2010

what??? another zombie day???

rrr. Here's the problem: Sonja K. slept in Charlotte Claire's room with Camille, while I had Miss Charlotte Claire in with me. Now, we are on summer hours here, and with Miss Emily-The-Night-Nurse here last night until two, I was running on empty and hoping for some catch-up sleep. Imagine my lack of glee and delight when I heard noise from the next room over at SIX in the morning! I went in there and they had a pack of gum, Camille was already chewing. I took it out of her mouth, and she fussed that her mouth was too hot for her thumb, she couldn't go back to sleep. I told her she certainly could too, and told her none too gently to lie down and go back to sleep. Sonja had orders to be perfectly still so Camille could go back to sleep. Sonja never went back to sleep, but she at least went to the living room and played dollhouse and didn't disturb Camille. I could not fall back to sleep for the life of me because....

Gramma was coming over this morning. And it is Garbage Day, which means Rosie is on serious House Arrest so she doesn't terrorize the Garbage Man. So I had things to worry about. I mean, it's not like we cleaned the kitchen all up pretty last night after we ate our six pizzas.

So Gramma has come and gone, and left for us four giant containers of her homemade tomato sauce with meat and sausage and mushrooms...we are having spaghetti tonight.

One thing I hate is when the kids contradict me. It ruins the flow of whatever story I am telling, and it makes me feel liar-ish. It usually isn't pertinent anyway, like when I say perhaps, "Margaret said....", and I am interrupted by a child who thinks it is important to say that it WAS NOT MARGARET, IT WAS KATHRYN! Okay.....anyways.....

They are fun and funny though. Sonja and Charlotte Claire had the last piece of pizza for breakfast, cut in half. And some cereal. (just for the record, yuck). Suzanne has a new keyboard with a microphone and headphones. It had been in my closet for at least five years, and it was taking up a lot of space. I should have/could have saved it for Christmas, but they have helped me so much lately, and I really wanted the closet cleaned out. I feel terribly sorry for her because she is trying so hard to keep it "safe", taking it off the stand and putting it all back in the box after each use......if it gets broken, I will cry.

So August is gone, slipped away. I do believe we wrung every bit of fun out of it we could. Now we are approaching school time, and need to ease onto a new schedule. Ugh, I hate even the word, "schedule", although it is a necessary evil.

1 comment:

Martha said...

We did not make it to the Great New York State Fair again this year. I do not know whether that is good, bad, or indifferent, but it looks like we will not make it even in the last few days. I do love the sculptures and the yummy chocolate milk and all... I guess I forgot to wring the summer out of every day. Oh well, maybe I can wring the very best out of autumn if I put my mind to it.