summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

happy anniversary to me...and Paul

Charlotte Claire and Camille



The room is getting there...here is Miss Sonja's shelf.





Rosie is okay in her cage in the morning until she hears or sees ME. Yes, she loves me.
Suzanne did NOT want to get ready for school....she wanted to stay on the couch, all snuggly in her nighty. But when she found out she was getting picked up early...she found the stamina to get off the couch....



Today is our 27th anniversary. Yes, 27 years ago...on a Friday night at six o'clock, we got married. In his parent's living room, with cake and coffee and some close friends and family. We did have a small reception a few weeks later, and also a church feast. We went away for the weekend, to the small city and to a larger city an hour from here...then we were back to church on Sunday, and back to work on Monday morning. Our honeymoon was last year in Jamaica, after 26 years...I must say I love him more now than I did then, and believe me, I was head over heels. We just need more time together!

I keep thinking it is spring...I know the days are supposed to be warming up to around forty degrees, so this morning I went out the door to walk Rosie in a sweatshirt and my boots...and of course a skirt, and bare legs...brr! It was twenty-something out there, and windy....Needless to say, she didn't get a very long walk.

This morning, Evelyn thought it would be interesting to put Suzanne's new ring on, then one she got on Sunday from the indoor flea-market for three dollars. Well...it got stuck. Really stuck. Her finger started swelling, and of course I was calm cool and collected, ha. Jonathan knows were all the tools are, so he got three different pair of pliers out....I tried to hack the ring off, which was metal-looking plastic, thankfully, but Mirielle was the one who got it off. The ring is history, but Suze did save the pretty plastic jewel....the nice thing was that Suzanne was more thankful that the ring was off of Evelyn than she was sad about losing it....then Evelyn gave Suze her own ring.

I am picking kids up early for Sonja's dentist appointment. It will be more fun to bring four of them. We are going to get them some miniblinds, too.

Jonathan went to school with a skip in his step this morning. He brought his two new Hess trucks for Show-and-Tell, and he will probably be telling anyone who will listen that it is because he knows where all the tools are that Evelyn's ring came off.

One of these days I am going to let all the kids skip school so we can go to the Children's Museum in a nearby city. It is very crowded on weekends.

Rosie is bad. She just went over to the table and inclined her big furry head over to the place where someone's plate with toast is sitting....she probably would have snitched it if I hadn't yelled NO. She just does not learn. I tell her NO about the garbage can all the time, sometimes I bang my hand on the can and tell her NO, and she slinks away...but if there is something yummy in there, that is where her head will be....she likes to take butter wrappers out and chew them up, and of course napkins, yum. She KNOWS she is not supposed to, but she simply doesn't stop it. It is like having a perpetual two year old.

Last night for dinner we had taco salad. Mali likes it without the meat, just black beans. We had black olives and green and red peppers and sweet onions and tomatoes and cheese. Then ice cream and squirty whipped cream for dessert. Tonight I am thinking to make some chicken soup, or rather chicken stew....we like it with potatoes instead of noodles, and slightly thickened like stew. Maybe I will try Tereza's recipe for Mali......

Emily had to leave the birthday party....Cheryl's daughter Claire had an allergic reaction to something, and wanted Emily-The-Nurse to come over to see her. Well....Em went with her to the Emergency Room...(we thought that was funny...Em worked so many nights in a row, and had one off..and ended up in a different hospital...).Claire is okay, I guess. She is allergic to the cold, severly allergic. She swells up. Her throat has swollen from eating ice a few years back...it is dangerous. Not a good climate to live in for her! I don't know what triggered her reaction last night, but I am glad she is okay.

Charlotte Claire and Camille are not your average, normal princesses. No, they have older siblings, and they have watched, "The Simpsons". Char just had Camille's Polly Pocket girl, which Camille wanted back. "She's dead!", Charlotte Claire told her....Camille got really upset, so I told her Polly Pocket really isn't dead. Now they are playing nicely. The other day, one of Camille's princess dolls was "dead, but she has to stay dead because no one will kiss her!" blah.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Happy Anniversary!