summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 11, 2011

tsunami...earthquake

It probably seems like the world is ending to the Japanese people right now. With all the unrest in the middle east and recessions....one could wonder. But Jesus said when these things happen, to life our heads for our redemption is near. I am sober today, sad for the sufferings of all these people, and vowing to make my calling and election sure. Time is short, life is short. "Today when you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.."(heb. 3:15)

Mali has a dr. appointment...I need to wash my not-so-long tangly hair, get the little girls dressed in their Bye-Bye clothes, and go pick Miss Mali up from school. I didn't mean to spend any sort of time on this computer this morning....yet I did. When I clicked on the morning news and saw the reports from Japan...oh my.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Bethany was in the Tokyo airport just over one week ago. She is in shock this afternoon, and heartbroken for the people. The city of Manado in Indonesia, where they stayed in a hotel on the beach, was under a tsunami watch this morning. Thank God all is well there. The world feels just a little bit smaller this week than it did just a month ago.