summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

yes, Virginia, I WOULD believe it....

The elbow grease I put into this place sometimes is a total waste of time, as far as getting my effort's worth. Doesn't last, because all these people, all these kids, they LIVE here. They have things like Nerf Guns and bike helmets and school folders and projects and purses and boots and hats and guitars and flutes and clarinets and cameras and phones and wallets and keys and towels and gym bags and dirty socks and sweatshirts that can't go in the dryer and combs and books they are reading....and do they ever put these things where they belong? Or rather, where DO they all belong? Is there really a good place for everything or are we just doing a room to room shuffle with half the stuff? I don't know.....

And this doesn't even include the dishes they dirty.

Well....today while I was vacuuming my room, Ashley decided to clean out the refridgerator. Virginia, you would not believe it. Blah. If a child can open a package of cheese, why can't the child close the package of cheese? Anyway, Ashley took out each and every glass shelf and cleaned it and wiped the whole thing down, inside and out. I was SO thankful. And of course now that we chucked the half bag of questionable carrots and lunchmeat and the partially wilting lettuce....and the hot dogs that have been in there too long....and some leftover chicken that didn't get eaten....and the half jar of sauce that we don't remember opening....I need to go to the grocery store.

I am picking Aaron up and taking him to his appointment, won't he be thrilled that we are going grocery shopping? What kills me is that the teenagers are the ones who eat the most food, yet they complain the most about going with me to buy it.


This day flew by too fast so far. My two little sweetie-pies played princess Barbies for hours.....sometimes I will just go flop on the couch and Camille will scramble right up there and cuddle with me, and sometimes Charlotte Claire too, and it will be so hard to get up and get moving again....

I miss Paul. At first it was kind of okay to just be on my own with the kids, a bit relaxed, breakfast for dinner......but he was gone all last week, and it got old fast....I really missed him....now he is gone all this week too, and wah. I am SO looking forward to the weekend. He isn't going back to Boston again for a few weeks.....

Well, my kids are going to be getting of that school bus in a few minutes....time to be ready to give them some undivided attention...

4 comments:

Tereza said...

Ah I hate it when Rob is gone for that long too!!!
hey I got so much doen today...and so much the kids get undone...sometimes I wonder too if it's worth it to do anything...but you should see how bad it gets when I dont! And everything you ever write about your teenagers....I can totally relate too...I dont write half the stuff even on my blog of what It's like...they can be so mean and selfish! And I only have 3 that are teens so far...I can only imagine what its like for you! I mean yes they have their good points too but seems their negativity outweighs the good stuff often.

Martha said...

My "Ashley" got married and moved out instead of in.

Endo_Life said...

I cleaned out my fridge yesterday as well. I hadn't realised how much it needed doing! Now it is gleaming and anything that needed throwing out is gone. Plus we then went grocery shopping to re-fill the empty fridge.

mommeeof10 said...

It seems like my 2 still at home make most of the messes in my house. The school aged kids help clean up, so they tend to not be so messy. :)