summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

things to be thankful for....

1. Ashley. She is such a nice girl. She took my school skippers on a long bike ride today, which is like the nicest thing anyone can do for them. They got back all hot and tired and started talking about fountain drinks from the gas station in town for 69 cents, so she took them for fountain drinks.

2. Samuel James, my 15 year old. He helps me with Rosie, who broke her chain, got loose, and rolled in something horribly noxious.....she needed ANOTHER BATH. rrr. She is SO bad.

3. My comfy chair. After painting for another two hours today (it is all done except for some trim that Ashley is going to reach for me later)....Anyway, my chair feels so nice after doing so much stuff today....

4. Paul. I miss him so much! He is in Boston again for the week for work. It occured to me that it really nice to miss someone so much after being married for 27 years.

Today wasn't as warm and sunny as I thought it was going to be. I sat out on the deck for only a few minutes, and I was cold. The kids, however, had tons of fun. The little girls had lunch out there and rode their little bikes around the driveway. Suzanne used chalk to make a 160 square hopscotch game.

Our living room is still pretty crazy. The couches and my chair are back where they go, but the other end of the room still needs to be finished, so everything is shoved to the middle of the room. When I start something like this, I like to get it finished right away...

I decided not to paint the stairway and foyer this same color. I am thinking some pale yellow so it is brighter. And I do not have the energy to do that this week....so our stairway is spackled and sanded and....oh well.

Wow, all that sleep I had this morning is wearing off. I just had a nice hot cup of coffee, made by Samuel James. I need to get up and start hanging things back on the walls and thinking about dinner. The kids are all back from town with their drinks....they mixed them all up and have some yummy creations. What a fun day.....

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Sounds like Ashley is really finding her way how to be a blessing! I think that's very cool!