summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 12, 2011

saturday at home...

Charlotte Claire's room is now clean and neat....and it shall never get messy again. I know, I know, I say that every time I have ever cleaned a room, yet somehow I still believe it. This time for sure!!!

My living room has turned into a gymnasium. They put the square foam mats down so they can jump and tumble and do back-walkovers and cartwheels. I hope if anyone gets hurt I hope they wait a little while, I am here with them all and Paul is still at the Dome. He got home last night at ten, and leaves again tomorrow morning at noon....and he spent today fundraising...blah. Anyway, it is quite busy in here. We just finished dinner. I made four pizzas. A pepperoni, A vegetarian (red and green peppers and onions, and black olives), a vegetarian with pepperoni ha, and a garlic pizza with tomatoes and basil. The whole house smells like Pizza Hut.

Now they are having Twizzlers.

Rosie is in her cage because she is too interested in the Twizzlers.

Rosie is not such a bad dog. She went outside today and got muddy. Really muddy. Here in central New York state, the snow is finally melting. Yesterday when we were out, we saw the grass and fields for the first time here since November. Then it snowed again last night, so Rosie's morning walk was white and cold and clean. Then....it warmed up today, and: mud. Anyway, the reason she is not such a bad dog is that I gave her bath, then for the first time ever, I blow-dried her! She didn't love it, but she didn't object too much either.

So of course today when I spent all that time cleaning one room, the rest of the house sort of slipped...how do people do it? It was so nice and clean yesterday for Paul coming home. Blah, it does not stay that way. The medium sized-kids plus their cousins Eileen and Olivia helped with the little girls while I sorted and organized. But their is something about cleaning a room and all the fun things we find that clutters up the living room.

I cannot write right now....too much going on...these guys are rowdy....

2 comments:

Eva said...

I clean my room and it's seriously messy 2 days later. why is it so hard to put clothes away??

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

mommeeof10 said...

My kids rarely put their clothes away and neither does my husband. As long as they wear them from the basket and only send things that were worn back to the laundry, it's okay. When I find clean clothes tossed on theoir floors and then walked on with muddy feet, then I go ballistic.