summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 26, 2011

kathryn grace

Kathryn Grace just turned 13 years old. (I now have SIX teenagers!) Kathryn is a good girl. Here she is with Sonja K.
Kathryn is our tenth child. She was born 15 months and one day after her sister Margaret. Evelyn was then born 17 months later (ha, I thought of that as a "break").....
Yesterday I had to go shopping, and Kathryn was here because she decided not to go on her bowling field trip at school. So she went with me. And it was totally totally fun. She doesn't hurry me, she likes to dawdle around and look at all the clearance stuff. She isn't the kind of girl who asks for things, in fact if I offer her something, she will decline if she doesn't NEED it. She didn't say, "MOM!" like I was crazy when I filled the cart with 75% off miniture notebooks and journals. (25 cents each, they can be birthday party prizes). She was all for buying mittens for next year, 37 cents for two pair. She didn't even sigh or groan or outright complain when we went to the grocery store. Instead she helped me pick the produce and decide which shampoo to get and browse the clearance section. She didn't say we didn't need the half price Lindt truffles from Valentines Day, and she didn't protest when I bought every single Dannon Strawberry Cheesecake yogurt that were marked down to a quarter each. She was such a good sport that we ventured to a SECOND grocery store. And since she was so hungry and it was just her birthday and it was only the two of us, we ate some dinner at the Wokery in Wegmans. She kept talking about chocolate bunnies and saying we should buy some to eat on the way home, and she was totally kidding. At the register I sneaked a two ounce Baby Binks on to the conveyor, and she was delighted. It was late afternoon and chilly when we put the final groceries into the van...wait, it wasn't chilly, it was FREEZING. So we stopped at McDonalds for two small coffees with lots of cream, no sugar....and had a wonderful ride home. She gave me a little taste of that chocolate bunny, yum it tasted like Easter.
I made some omelets this morning with red and green and yellow peppers and onions and sausage and cheese. I read the paper, I went outside with Rosie, and I got playdough out for the kids. Camille is in another world playing with her new Mariposa Barbie I bought on clearance for her in the grocery store. Yes, they are spoiled. Sixteen spoiled brats. But they just went in the butterfly museum and a butterfly Barbie for only five dollars....I couldn't resist. And I did plan to save them for Charlotte Claire's birthday, but Camille saw them and started jumping up and down with delight...how could I say NO ?
Today we might go to the big library with Emily.

1 comment:

crzy4myfam said...

Sounds like a very busy day! I love having that kind of time with just one of our kiddos. It is so special! Spoiling is so good for them! ;)