summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 18, 2011

happy friday!!!

Our living room walls now are Teastained. Today I stopped at HobbyLobby for the first time today....yeah, I like that store. It is rather expensive though. It is one of those places that has everything 50% off, but the original prices are so high that it is still too expensive. I wanted some red flowers to offset the walls and match the couch, then I found the 90% off aisle....these vase things were $2.80, regularly $28 each...I didn't know what to do with the tops, so I just put them on the bookcase with them....

It was a surprisingly nice day here...but the cold front is moving in. No more 56 degree days for us in the near future...blah, cold again....the kids have had such a good day. There was no school today, for the whole district, not just our family. So they have enjoyed the day. Margaret, Kathryn, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I took the minivan to have the oil changed, and went to get some things at Aldi....fruits and veggies and some whipped cream for the waffle party the girls are planning for tonight.

Our refridgerator is not working properly. The freezer part is fine, but the 'fridge just isn't cold enough. Paul is coming home tonight, so perhaps he can figure it out. (Cindy, Cinnamon- times like this I think of you and how difficult it must be having husbands deployed) (it has been so hard for me just having Paul gone all this past week and last week...I have kept you in my prayers)

The house is clean. Not spotless, but clean. My room is clean and vaccumed, the bathrooms are clean, the living room and kitchen are swept and mopped...there IS a load of unmatched socks on the couch. and the laundry room is still sort of spilling out into the kitchen. But the hallway is clean, the kids room are clean.....the foyer is vacuumed and clean....but it won't stay like this. I wish it would, but it is too hard to keep it like this.....

Taco salad for dinner tonight. Someone has to make it. I guess that shall be me. My break didn't seem long enough. It is hard work to clean the house. My two little girls think it is too neat in here, so they are doing their part to make it look more homey by getting out tons of dollhouse stuff. Margaret took the treadmill out to run, and left it out in case anyone else wanted to use it.

Mali and Aaron are at play practice, but they should be home for dinner. Ashley is spending time with her step-sisters today. Jonathan is with my niece Susan who is picking up a car today. Everyone else should be home for dinner. I won't count Paul for dinner because he probably won't get here in time, so that makes 13 unless Emily and/or Abigail comes over. I had better get moving. All I have eaten today is wheat toast with peanutbutter and coffee, and a sugar cookie. Oh, and a handful of licorice all-sorts. I was going to eat an apple when I sat down but I forgot.

Paul is on his way home from Boston, and I can't wait to see him.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I love the color and the flowers make me believe that spring might really be on its way!

mommeeof10 said...

Refridgerator-Could be the door is not closing properly, could be ice built up in the back of the freezer, preventing the cold air from blowing into the fridge.

I would love to paint my house, but probably will wait until we gut and redo the rooms that still are underinsulated and have lath/plaster walls. The other rooms need to be repainted badly, especial the largest bed room, which the boys have now. For somne reason they do not appreciate the pepto bismal pink walls that the girls chose when that was their room, LOL. If they would stop messing up the drywall, putting holes in it, it would be much easier to get their room ready to paint.

16 blessings'mom said...

The fridge: ice built up in the back of the freezer, preventing cold air from blowing back into the fridge part - how did you know? Paul simply got the hair dryer, plus pulled it out and vaccumed under it...it is nice and cold and working today!

ccc said...

Just came across your blog from mega families. I read some of your posts and your family sounds a lot like mine! Waffle parties and kids going out barefoot in thirty degree weather(to go on trampoline). I even read an old random post and started laughing when I read how you went to drive-thru of McD and everyone got two things off the dollar menu! We do the same thing. I have eleven kids right now. Take care--beautiful family!