summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 7, 2011

yet here we are....

Another day on earth, another day to squander or to be thankful in. I cannot help if I am sad, but I can help where I allow my thoughts to go.

When Aaron came in from work last night, Joseph and Mirielle were in the kitchen. We were talking about the house, and things that need to be done around here. One of them said they felt sorry for Mom, but Aaron said, " I don't feel sorry for her, she feels sorry enough for herself to cover all of us." He was kidding, but ouch. I am trying to get them on board to help me paint the living room again, and it is like pulling teeth. They say it is fine. Then they get into the "what color" discussions...then they decide it looks great how it is.

Suze didn't get on that bus to school this morning. She is exhausted. Her great plan to sleep on the couch didn't work out very well. The thing is, she has been wanting to do that for what seems like years, sleep in the living room. I don't know why. So I finally let her. So this morning she was walking around sobbing and fussing, saying how she cannot miss another day but she just can't stop crying....she was all dressed and brushing her hair with tears running down her face. I had mercy and told her to go climb into my comfy bed. But not without saying, "See, that's why I never let you sleep in the livingroom."

It is nineteen degrees out. I am cold. I am tired of being cold. I never got cold when I was younger, now it seeps into my bones and makes me want to bake cookies to warm up. I use the electric blanket every night to warm up my bed....blah, I am really making myself want to go back to bed. It isn't that we don't heat the house, we do. But my chair is near a window, and it is chilly. When I get up and get moving, I am not so cold. But I took that Bad Dog out for a walk this morning, and brr.

The girls are gettting dressed, they want me to play Matching Game with them.....

2 comments:

madeleine said...

Thinking of you and all your family on this hard day Della.

Oh poor Suzanne. My heart broke for her, brushing her hair and sobbing :-( You are such a good Mum, nothing like a good sleep in Mum's bed!

Hey Della, my husband-to-be and I are hoping to come to the States in November/December this year. I understand it will be colder than we've ever experienced (being from Australia) so any suggestions on what kind of jacket/shoes/boots to invest in? We're lucky to need a jacket over a jumper here and still regularly wear thongs (flip flops) and ballet flats all through Winter here.

Happy Tuesday to you and yours, love this blog :-)

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you, Madeleine. So you are coming to the U.S. of A! Do you know which state(s) you will be visiting? I can only speak for New York and the Northeast, and even that can vary. We get warm days in November and sometimes in December, but it can also be freezing, which is really more likely. If you are going to southern states, perhaps someone who reads this from there can help more. This country is very large, with huge temperature differences. If you were visiting here, I would say WHY? Unless you like snow....