summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

92 degrees out with sunburn...



The water was cold at the beach. Very cold. There was no breeze, the sun was hot, we ventured in the water quite a few times. Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire would jump right under, brr, but we just went in to the knees and splashed ourselves. Well...then Suze and Evelyn thought it would be funny to get Mom all wet...they splashed and splashed, and since I am not quick enough to get away from them, I splashed back. It did no good. They soaked me to the top of my head. And Suzanne, in her ten year old silliness, decided to put some sand on my too. Wet sand. I had no choice but to dunk into that cold water to clean it off. I can't blame them too much, I laughed too much for them to take me serious.

I put 50 Baby-waterproof sunscreen on the kids twice. I put a little on me, but not enough. Will I ever learn?

Home for dinner...a simple one of hot dogs and coneys, again, on the grill, and salad....then off to the pool for six of us for some exercise....now we are home, it is stifling hot in here....

Aaron and Kathryn are making homefries. The little princesses are walking around in some high heels from Margaret. I smell coffee, they are probably making iced coffee. Never a dull moment.

5 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

Just wait till that turns into a beautiful tan! lol. How fun. I so wish we lived near a beach but it's 6 hours away. Phooey!

Mike and Katie said...

Ouch!

AUTISMOMMA said...

Ouch on the sunburn but look at YOU!! I can see the weight loss in your face. You go, girl!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you....it is hard to take a compliment, I am finding, especially when I am so focused on how much more I want to lose, and how slowly it seems to go.

Martha said...

I have to tell you that I was looking at the blog last night while my mother was near. She saw your header picture and wondered who it was, but when she saw the tanning photos she thought it must be you when you were younger, because it wasn't possible that the woman in the photos could have sixteen children! So funny! I looked at her and said, "I could have had sixteen children by now too," and she said, "Go ahead."
:P