summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 21, 2011

saturday...full of promise...

Rosie and I went on our little walk today. Since I knew we weren't in the usual weekday hurry to get back and get the kids off to school, we went a little farther, then went up the Evil Hill twice. She was just as terrible as usual, trying to pull my arm off when a car went by. She should be a sled dog, she is incredibly strong. I fear one of these days she will see a squirrel or a bird and knock me right down. Margaret says that Sheepdogs just plain don't belong on leashes. hmm.

Yes, today is Cupcake Day. 200 white cupcakes with white buttercream frosting and ribbons and sparkly sprinkles...is it not exciting?? Also a small wedding cake for the top of the cupcake stand. I am so apprehensive yet excited about this.

Today is crazy here. Emily is coming over and switching vehicles so she can take some of her siblings on a hike to a waterfalls not too far from here. Joseph left with Samuel and Caleb, the friend they brought home from the youth meeting this week, to go weed-eat and do other work at our church conference center. Ashley went to work.

My weight loss seems to be slowing way down...which can be normal, from what I have read....17 pounds now. I guess that's not too bad, 5 pounds in the last 19 days.....I know, I shouldn't be obsessed by the numbers. It's just that I have decided to do this thing, and it takes soooo long.

I enjoy things more now though. Seriously. I had one sour gummy worm from the princesses last evening. Ten calories. I ate it slowly, and it was just as horrible as sour gummy worms ever have been. I also had ten chocolate chips...they are so so good. It isn't that I am free from my love and enjoyment of food, it is that I make more sensible decisions, and don't just have what ever I want when ever I want.

And honestly, it isn't that bad. There are moments when the temptation to give in and just have something is SO strong, but I am learning that it passes, I live, and I feel better for not giving in.

Well....I have all these children here to talk to and play with and here I sit....I mentioned to Kathryn that the ones who are going with Emily should do a few things around here first, so she assigned Sonja to empty the dishwasher, and Suze to load it. She swept the living room floor and is organizing the baskets of movies. And here I sit....

1 comment:

Chrissy in Chaos said...

That's over a stone - you are doing incredibly well! Brilliant to hear - and the numbers help to tell you it's going the right way.