summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 2, 2011

my extreme brilliance astounds me....

Showered, dressed, drove to the dr....parked the big van in the parking garage...went in, up the elevator, talked to the receptionist...and: my appointment is tomorrow!

Grocery store all by myself. I walked right by the good stuff, and filled the cart with peppers and apples and pears and carrots and spinach and the light yogurt we all like.

Then to the dollar store...I got some Caramel Bugles, which are tempting me, and some cookies...but I shall not have any.

Jonathan and I went to the pool. yay for us!

Dinner tonight: taco salad with red and green peppers, tomatoes, romaine, and onions....super yummy. I counted out the taco chips, and had no more than I put on my plate.

Now the evening starts....Joseph took the the soccer kids to practice. The rest of us are relaxing....sort of.

7 comments:

ccc said...

at least you didn't find out you had missed the appt :)

16 blessings'mom said...

I know, and at least I was out all by myself with the kids all taken care of...poor me! The only thing is that I had my new shirt on, even though I came right in and took it off, will they remember I wore it today if I wear it again tomorrow?

Tereza said...

so funny! Now you'll have to go out again! That's the part I hate...then I get even more behind on the house than I already am!

madeleine said...

Della, you are doing so well! The supermarket is definitely my biggest downfall, so tempting. How do you make Taco Salad? I've heard about in on a few other blogs and it sounds delicious, but noone here in Australia seems to make it!

Anonymous said...

you made me laugh! I don't think they will remember the shirt ;-)
Good job with sticking to the vegies!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Tereza, that's the thing. I don't like going out two days in a row. I have to buy that $600 worth of candy one of these days though...Madeleine (love your name by the way), Taco Salad: browned grown beef mixed with taco seasoning (chili powder, onion powder, oregano, cilantro,salt, ect. If you don't have it there, you can probably find a recipe)....anyway, we put the meat on Doritos or plain tortilla chips, and add chopped veggies like tomatoes, black olives, peppers, onions, lettuce. Some add sour cream and salsa and hot sauce. I made mine yesterday with tons of romaine and veggies. Sometimes we add black beans or kidney beans to the meat mixture. Oh, and cheese, sprinkled on top.

Rebecca said...

I'm SO GLAD I'm not the only one who goes to appointments on the wrong day. I went a whole week ahead of when it was scheduled. :(