summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 29, 2011

one thousand nine-hundredth post

Sunday morning...took Miss Rosie for her walk. It is very hot and humid today, I am totally wilting. Today is Day Two of our church conference, but Paul and I decided we just can't manage to go today. We have a garden half rototilled, that needs to be planted already! He is gone so much, we have to make time for some things around here. Well, the kids were not happy campers this morning. They wanted to go out to the church conference. So Joseph took a van full of them out.

I feel bad, because I really do want to go to.

But I can't do everything.

Paul and I worked our tails off yesterday. We prepared and cooked and served lunch, I sold candy and made sno cones, we cleaned things up, I ran up to the grocery store for some things we ran out of (which was GREAT fun, I brought along a very good friend who is visiting from Missouri...the kind of friend who even though you don't see very often, it doesn't seem that way at all. She is amazing, she helped us work all day, too). Then it was time to make things for the dinner crowd...hardly a break all day. I went into one meeting and listened for a bit, it was very encouraging and good....

Last night after we got home and got the kids tucked into bed, I sat down and put my feet up. I got up after a while to use the bathroom. I could barely walk. Ouch. After all the exercising and walking and swimming I do, this was a surprise.

Today the house is a mess. I do not want to spend the entire day cleaning it, nor do I want to live in a house that is messy. This is why I need a maid.

I shall do what I do best, just pick up and make it livable, so it doesn't bug me so much. The bare minimum.

Because guess what? I am tired. Sunday morning should be a day to sleep in, but NO, Rosie knows it is morning, and she wants OUT of her cage. So blah, I am tired.

But happy.

Yesterday was a good day. Working together with one's friends is grounds for some good fellowship. The girls (Mirielle and Mali and Margaret and Emily and their cousins) made some excellent pizzas, forty-four of them. We ordered one for dinner, and it was very difficult for me not to scarf a whole piece down. I just had a few bites...

I stepped on the Evil Scale yesterday despite my pledge to wait until Monday. I guess I had to see if the two pieces of Domino's pizza had ruined me. (We older ones were also duking it out for the crusts the little kids left on their plates...Domino's makes such good crust...all that garlic, yum)...anyway, I saw a number I haven't had the pleasure of seeing since way back when...the fun thing was that it was one UNDER the number I was waiting to see! I know these numbers fluctuate, but still. I choose to rejoice! Almost 20 pounds lost now! It is working! I read so much stuff, so many things to never do or to always do, sometimes the same exact things...oatmeal in the morning, for example. But I eat it almost every day with a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter. I do measure and make sure it is a half cup or less, which is plenty when it is microwaved.

This afternoon we shall go get some plants for our garden.

Tomorrow morning we shall go to the parade in town at 9 a.m. because Margaret is marching in it with the school band.

In the afernoon we might go to a big parade if it isn't too hot.

And now, I think I shall go take a nap. ha.

3 comments:

Chrissy in Chaos said...

My mini-peeps got me up early today too! But we had a marvellous day too, gardening and car-booting, was fun. And 20lbs is fantastic! Fab work!

Robin said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the 1900th post!! I haven't commented lately, but still love to read your blog:)

Tereza said...

wow thats a lot of posts!!! your blog is so fun with you sharing all the little details of life and withholding some too I'm sure...the rest we just imagine between the lines. I just love reading here.