summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 26, 2011

my camera?

is home where it always is...blah, I forget it time and time again.

So I have no photos of our amazing afternoon and evening.

Mirielle, Aaron, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I went to the gym in the afternoon. After a nice swim, we walked over to Jonathan's chorus concert. It started a half hour before I had thought it was going to, so Emily missed it. Jonathan cried his little heart out about that. I told him he had more people there than any other kid, so stop being so sad and start counting your blessings.

We went over to Emily's apartment and picked her up in the big white van, so she would go on our Pizza Adventure with us. Jon started crying again, so Emily told him it was in the past, and there was nothing we could do about it. He could either keep thinking about it and be sad, or stop it and enjoy himself. He chose to stop. But he also said several times how, "Mom got the time wrong..."

5 pizzas from Domino's. The bacon with green peppers and onions was the best, but that is because it is the only one I had. I did not try the Buffalo chicken wing kind or the chicken alfredo kind or the ham/bacon/pepperoni.

We ate at a park on a lake that we had never been to. There was a huge playground - under construction. blah. Poor kids. Too bad the sign wasn't where the turn-in was, I probably wouldn't have gone there. They were okay though. They did gymnastics in the grass and ran around. It started getting dark and chilly too quickly, so we packed up the rest of the pizza to take home to Sam and Joseph and Mali and Ashley...

We stopped for gas on the way home...with my Price-Chopper discount of $2.70 off a gallon, I got twenty gallons for only $23! Not bad when gas is almost four bucks a gallon.

It is no fun to forget the camera, although it is nice to avoid the grief the older kids give me when I start snapping pictures. They say, "is that going on The Blog?" blah.

Camille alone is so adorable....she was so happy to have her pizza, she ate two pieces. She liked the table we sat at, she liked her cup of water. She liked being done and getting down and running around. She liked the Golden Retriever we patted on the head. She liked wearing her, "Pretty Dress". She just plain liked doing something different.

Joseph has had a bad cold/headache thing, and Mali has been battling headaches. I had to go pick her up from school again yesterday. I worry about her. Is it just sinuses, or a cold, or is it stress?

She stayed home today and is going shopping with me...I have tons of things to get for the grill still. And she has a list of things she needs to do...get pictures printed for school, and she needs a bathing suit (bathing suit shopping with a girl who....hmm, how should I put this....a girl who has no idea how beautiful she is?...to put it nicely. Not fun.)

So.....off I go to feed the children and get ready to Shop To The Drop.

3 comments:

Martha said...

We're both having camera trouble. :(

Chrissy in Chaos said...

I think all of your kids are lovely looking - But I do agree Mali is a beautiful young lady - and she sounds like a wonderful daughter too.

Endo_Life said...

I wish gas cost that here in the UK. As a comparison for you we pay almost $10 per gallon!

Mali is 17 right? At that age no girl believes they are beautiful no matter how many times they are told.